Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain in arm and shoulder?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Blaze, and have been wearing 24/7 since December.  I have increasing pain in my left arm (bicep) and shoulder. Hurts to raise up

over my head, and to lift or grab anything.  I've read many posts about the HR. Is anyone experiencing issues with the Blaze?

Best Answer
96 REPLIES 96

Maybe coincidence? I had that happen 5 years ago and turned out it was a torn rotator cuff and bicep tear. I'd go to the doctor and discuss, pretty simple test (doc pushes on your hands) to determine if you should go for an MRI 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

I have never heard anything like that attributed to the fitbit.   I would not ignore those symptoms, and see a doctor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dizzy64 I have to agree, a trip to the doctor will be needed,  unless you feel this much pain is really being caused by a little bit of light shining on the arm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Considering how light the Blaze is, chances are your pain is coincidental with the Blaze wearing.

If it hasn't disappeared since, you should get a professional's opinion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had exactly the same experience after getting a Blaze several months ago.  There is plenty of power in my left shoulder (can lift 50 lb) but the shoulder hurts in some positions.  My doctor tested the shoulder, not finding anything wrong.  I was prescribed Meloxicam and exercises.  Meloxicam masked all the pain but I stopped taking the drug after 10 days; while continuing the exercises, which have led to a slight improvement.  I just noticed today that a strong flick of my arm + wrist seemed to correspond to one painful position.

Best Answer
I stopped wearing the Blaze a few weeks ago. Have not had pain since

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

This aim has been going on for some time. It hurts badly.

Pain. Typing with  nondominant hand since it is affecting  my right arm since I wear it on that arm.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Seems like the pain might be caused by reading the Blaze.  A flick of the wrist is transmitted to your shoulder, which might have been previously damaged from some other motion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A flick is not needed to turn the Blaze screen on. A gentle rotation while the forearm is somewhat horizontal works fine. For me the natural raising of the arm to look at the watch is enough to turn the display on 

Best Answer

True. Just a rotation is needed. A habit to break.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Inspire and have noticed pain in my wrist for a long time at night. I used to wear it only for long walks and at night, but started wearing it more often (and also turned always sync on  because the app on the phone hates to sync unless it's turned on all the time, and even then it still argues about syncing but not nearly as bad).

My shoulder and wrist hurt in correspondence with how often I wear the watch. In other words if I hardly wear it there is less pain and if I wear it all day and all night, there is more pain.

The Inspire is less than a year old and I really don't want to stop wearing it, but I don't want to ruin my left arm and left wrist either.

And as far as looking at your watch causing it, that's a no. I've had a whole lot of watches in my life and none of them have done this.

Best Answer

I got my Fitbit Versa 2 in November.  I started noticing pain in my upper arm and thought it was because I had received a TDAP shot a month before so didn't think anything of it.  The pain got worse. I went to the doctor and he said it was a little swollen and didn't think it was still from the shot.  It kept getting worse. The pain wasn't in the shoulder, more in the upper arm tendons or muscular.   I started looking up this pain and decided to just google fitbit and pain and was surprised to read more of the same. I haven't worn my watch in 2 days now and my arm already is starting to feel better.  I love my watch but not if it's going to cause pain.

Best Answer

i thought it was just me but when I googled, you guys came up. I have been wearing my charge 2 for around 3 years on my left wrist. Initially 24/7 as needed to record sleep patterns before being referred to a sleep clinic and being diagnosed with sleep apnoea. I take it off at nights now but the 'pain' is not decreasing. 

Not really a pain. More a dull ache inside my inner forearm. Seems it could be EMF radiation going into the tissue long term. I'm going to leave mine off for a few days and see what happens. 

Best Answer

I too have excruciating pain from left shoulder, inner elbow and wrist. I bought my Versa2 a couple of months ago as an upgrade to my Charge 2 which I had for two years,  I must say I never felt pain like it, I swopped wrists last night, and to to my amazement I started feeling pain in my right wrist. Is it the watch? The EMF function or what, not sure where to go to get answers.....

Best Answer
I had to stop wearing mine. The pain is horrible. Granted I had injury in my shoulder before but it had been better. Wearing the watch just exacerbated the underlying pain that I had. I did the same in switching wrists. It is definitely the watch. I don’t know what about the watch makes it do this. But if I am trying to keep mileage on a run wear it loose and remove after. It can’t be worn by me as a watch. The pain isn’t worth it.
Best regards,
Martha

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I got the charge 3, 2 weeks ago, and i am experiencing pain now in my left arm wrist and hand. Don't understand how it is causing pain. I thought it was just me now after reading all these posts im not sure. I've had the cheaper fitness watches before and this has never been an issue.

Best Answer

I started have pain in my shoulder in Feb. I was working out at the Y, covid -19  arrived.  I haven't been working out my shoulder is getting more sore and the pain is going down my arm and wrist. I quit wearing the the versa to bed, but it has not helped.  It's dull ache, so went to google and found out I am alone.  Turns people are having  trouble with the Apple watch too.  Now I need to confront Fitbit, I took it off and am wearing only when take my walks on my right arm.  I love my Versa Lite but it appears it doesn't feel the same way about me.  Hopefully this is not permanent.

There is Chiropractor that has noted this condition......Is the Samsung better for you.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I have switched it to my right arm and its better there, but left arm is
taking a long time to heal, its still sore but not as much. Don't
understand how its doing this.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just realized that I use the same arm for my cellphone, I have changed my
Fitbit to the right arm too. Not sleeping with it. If this doesn't get
better I will see a doctor, let me know if you how you are progressing.
Thanks Faith
Best Answer
0 Votes