Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain in arm and shoulder?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Blaze, and have been wearing 24/7 since December.  I have increasing pain in my left arm (bicep) and shoulder. Hurts to raise up

over my head, and to lift or grab anything.  I've read many posts about the HR. Is anyone experiencing issues with the Blaze?

Best Answer
96 REPLIES 96

"I also found out that it's the arm that I use for my cell phone, now I have a small stand for the phone."

I never thought about that. I wonder if there's some electrical or signal reaction between the Fitbit and the phone that passes through the hand ans goes up the arm.

Best Answer
Good question, it's connected to the fitbit by bluetooth. Any way it is
working okay for me, I take off at night and wear on my right hand.
Best Answer

got my Versa 2 around Jan 2020 and have worn it on my left arm more or less 24/7 since. About 6-7 months back, I started noting discomfort in my left arm around the bicep area.  It wasn’t much at first but might disturb my sleep a little.  However, over time, it has become a lot worse and the pain has spread to my shoulder and all over my arm including my wrist and sometimes even my fingertips.  I reached a point where I couldn’t really reach out with my arm or raise it above my head due to the pain.  The doc did some blood tests but they didn’t reveal much.

I wasn’t aware of any injury to my arm at any point but have tried switching my watch to my other arm today as I’m just a little bit suspicious that it might be implicated in this given the reports on this thread.  My left arm immediately feels more comfortable but, obviously, that could just be a coincidence.  I like the watch and don’t want to stop using it but I don’t want to lose the use of my left arm either!

Best Answer
It’s definitely the watch. I’ve stopped wearing mine on my left arm now about a few months and my arm is so much better. It had gotten so bad that I too could not lift my arm to put deodorant on. I was so scared. For the five months I completely didn’t wear the watch at all. Now I only wear it on my right wrist and absolutely don’t wear it at night anymore.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yes, I agree with Glorysm43.

It took a few months for me to recover, I really do believe it was caused by the FitBit.

I was wearing it all the time, (night and day).

Hope you feel better soon.

Best Answer

Thanks. It’s been driving me crazy as the pain was  unbelievable if I let my arm drift behind me or tried  to reach for something on the left.  It’s feeling more comfortable after one morning but it’s still early days I suppose.  It’s been particularly annoying as I’ve got a lot of guitars I’ve not been able to play really as I suddenly get a stab of pain if I try. 

Thanks. Fingers crossed ( while I can!). 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I experienced the same thing. I quit wearing it at night. Wore it on my
right arm for about 6 months. I did exercises that are used for carpal
tunnel. It's ok now, it's back on left arm, not wearing at night. I also
realized that my cell phone was part of the problem, I have a stand for it
now. Check out carpal tunnel symptoms. Don't give up.
Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Charge 4. Wore it night and day on my left wrist for a year and had chronic pain in the left bicep that coincided with when I started wearing the device.

The pain woke me nearly every day in the early hours and throughout the day I would be massaging and prodding my bicep to make the pain abate.  I had ultrasound and X-ray scans, physio with no change in the symptom.
I went away for work and forgot the Fitbit so had a break of 5 days not wearing it and the pain pretty much went away. There’s still slight discomfort in my bicep but 1/10 compared to the 9/10 in annoyance and discomfort I was feeling. I have no doubt there is a direct link between wearing the Charge and the pain in my arm. Hoping it will go away completely in time.

Best Answer

This is getting really interesting.  I definitely noticed an improvement from not wearing it on my left arm yesterday although was still woken by pain in the very early morning.  I’ll carry on without it and see how much it improves. 
I hope your pain finally disappears. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In case it helps anyone.

IF my pain was related to the FitBit, then it  has taken a total of three months to subside (from when I stopped wearing it).

Best Answer
It's all about body mechanics, what hand do you use for the cell, the
computer mouse, even reading the paper or a book, do you lean on the elbow.
I solved my problem, don't wear it at night, changed the arm you wear on
for now, and find some exercise for carpal tunnel, the symptoms you are
experiencing are the same as carpal, it can go all the way to your shoulder
and bicep. I can wear my fitbit on left arm again. Hope this sheds some
light on your problem. I have versa lite, looking into the next model up.
Faith
Best Answer

I have to say, I’ve now gone about nine days without the Fitbit on my left arm and the pains I was experiencing have decreased dramatically. 
It’s still waking me during the night at times when I’ve been lying on my arm for hours but there is a very noticeable improvement and I can’t believe it’s just a coincidence that this has happened during the period I’ve removed the watch. 

Best Answer
If you have carpal tunnel syndrome, it keeps you awake at night, I found
exercises for carpal, and did them still do. I don't wear mine at night
anymore. I changed wrist for a while too. Now I am pain free. Its all about
body mechanics.
Best Answer
I don’t believe it is a coincidence. So many people have reached out since I posted this. Same thing. It’s a slow process but hopefully it will get better with more time. Good luck. Keep us all updated.
Thanks,
Martha

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have the Versa 2 and I also have the same arm/muscular pain as well.  Glad I finally decided to read up on it.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Inspire 2. I am going to stop wearing it on my wrist for a day or two to see if the pain in my upper left  arm and wrist subside. I really like the tracker, but the pain is overwhelming!

Best Answer

I can’t prove what caused the pain in my arm but I no longer wear the device on my wrist and the pain has long since stopped.  I still use it but just keep it in my pocket without the strap counting steps. 
It’s a shame as I do like it and would have liked to continue using the other functions it provides. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am finding the same pain as you but mine is tares in my muscle, be careful, could be rotator cuff

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have an Inspire and have been wearing it nearly 24/7 since I got it for Christmas. I noticed arm, shoulder, and wrist soreness in early January but brushed it off due to maybe doing weird things with my arm since I’m not used to wearing a watch.
I then became concerned when I noticed pain when gripping things in certain positions and even my grip not as good. I took off the watch and everything went back to normal. 

Best Answer