Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing with iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have set up my blaze with my iPad, but when I go to pair it with my phone, it won't connect. I've restarted both the blaze and phone, turned my Bluetooth off and on, still no luck. Thoughts?!
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

My Fitbit Blaze will not turn on Bluetooth when I try to pair it with my new phone. I don’t know what to do and I won’t just put $200 in the trash can just like that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what your saying @Julius0690 the Bluetooth used to sync on the Blaze can not be turned off. 

What is the Fitbit App telling you? 

Best Answer
It won’t pair it with the watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julius0690,

Welcome to the community!

I assume that you've plugged your Blaze in to charge for a bit, and you have confirmed that it turns on (you see something on the display), right?

If that's the case, are you trying to pair the device through the Fitbit App (correct way) or through the Bluetooth settings on your phone (incorrect way)?

Let us know and we can narrow down the cause...

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I had this problem also but found the answer here.  You have to pair to phone OR iPad but you cannot do both.  I fixed it by turning off Bluetooth on phone, or turning phone off, and just using iPad only. Or conversely, turning Bluetooth on iPad off and pairing on phone.   It just can’t do both at the same time just one or the other. Since I started doing that I have had no problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes
yes I used it via the Fitbit app

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@lizabee If you mean 'ages and ages', do you mean over 12 hours? Because mine is 'paring' now since I got it out of the box half a day ago ... 
Syncing works fine btw, but paring is apparently something different.

Best Answer
0 Votes

With a Fitbit tracker, yes pairing is different, the user is, by the design of low energy Bluetooth, unable to pair a tracker. They must use the Fitbit app to setup the tracker to their account and then let the Fitbit app pair the tracker to the phone.

Glad it is now working @SunsetRunner

Best Answer