Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone shows notifications as hidden but blaze does not hide them

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me!  Because of the nature of my work, I need to have notifications hidden.  Turning them off for the blaze isn't an ideal solution as I need to know when I received a message.  I searched this forum and all I found was how to solve the opposite (people had them showing up as hidden and need them to show).  If it helps my phone is a Motorola Z play and my messaging app is android messages.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello and welcome to the forums @darkmotives

I don't believe it's possible to hide them. You either want the notifications to show on the Blaze face or you don't. Since you wear the Blaze, you'd be the only one to know.

Maybe I'm not quite seeing it? If I'm out of range (more than twenty feet) from my Blaze, I don't get any notifications. I tend to keep my Blaze on and my phone close by.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.  I see where you are coming from and feel you may be right that I might just need to turn them off.  

I work with sensitive info and while it may be true normally I would be the only one to see it.  Sometimes others around me and could see what I am reading.  What if I'm not wearing the watch and someone looks.  So, imo I might not always be the one looking at the watch.  

Just to clarify in case I didn't explain well enough.  I would like for a notification says I got a text but show the message as 1 unread message or something similar.  Call me paranoid.  Like I said I searched and others seem to have this issue and want to resolve it by showing the message.  However, I'd like to do the opposite.

I think you may be right and will just need to be aware and turn notifications off when in these situations.

I thank you for your reply, just really hoping for a way to do this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@darkmotives  I really appreciate how you're handling sensitive information. So often people forget that others in line shopping (just as example) can see what is on their cell phone.

Most people have the opposite problem with their devices. They want to read the entire message rather than to know there are three unread texts.

Why not post that in the Feature Suggestions forum area? It's where you can ask about a feature you'd like the developers to consider. You can reach it here - click

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I will do so. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Last time i setup notifacations it asked how i wanted them displayed on the tracker. 

Some messaging apps also have a setting to cotrol this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes