Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing sports with the Blaze on?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
As a high school soccer player, sports is where I get a lot of my fitness. I have a Flex that I always wear during practices (never games). I want to upgrade to the Blaze, and having looked at all the features it looks good, as I don't need GPS. But can I practice with it on? Is there a chance of it getting damaged while I play? Is a lot of shaking bad for it? It I can't then I will probably just go for the Alta. Thanks in advance!
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It will take a lot to scratch the Blaze as it's gorilla glass 3. Fitbit's are made as fitness devices and can stand shaking. People wear it skateboarding, rollerblading, and those are done on cement where people can fall. Fitbit's are made to be worn during all activities and sports.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It will take a lot to scratch the Blaze as it's gorilla glass 3. Fitbit's are made as fitness devices and can stand shaking. People wear it skateboarding, rollerblading, and those are done on cement where people can fall. Fitbit's are made to be worn during all activities and sports.

Best Answer

I couldn't have said it better myself, @matt9013! I'd also like to point out that with Blaze or Alta, you'll get credit for a "Sport Activity" automatically (using SmartTrack). It's super cool to get an idea of what your statistics were for that window of time on your activity list without having to manually record it.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have worn mine for playing football (soccer) and have had no issues with the device, it automatically tracks it as "sport" and records various stats.

Depending on the intensity of the game and rules of the league, you may want to cover it with a wrist/sweat band of some sort, but this would be more for player safety rather than the watch I think.

Best Answer
0 Votes