Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precise cardio fitness score with connected GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I've been using connected GPS for my runs for some time and have been waiting for my cardio fitness score to not be a range. When I check my Fitbit app, it states my fitness score is still an estimate and it displays a range (41-45). I've read that this should be a single number after doing connected GPS runs for a while.  Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It's great to see you around @SunsetRunner. If your heart rate information is not being accurate, I recommend taking a look at this post, where you will be able to find some steps to follow and some other to improve this reading. 

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not the issue for me.  Here is what I'm trying to acheive:

From: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2096

How do I get a more precise estimate of my score? (Blaze and Charge 2 only)

We can provide a more precise estimate of your score using the relationship between pace and heart rate during your runs. This is because individuals with higher VO2 Max have a lower heart rate while running at the same pace compared to individuals with lower VO2 Max. If you're able to run at a comfortable pace for at least 10 minutes, use multisport mode on your Blaze or Charge 2 to track a run with GPS. We recommend running on flat terrain as much as possible since only the flat sections of your run count towards your score estimate. You may need to go on several runs that are at least 10 minutes in length to affect your score.

For instructions on using multisport mode with GPS, see How do I use multisport or exercise mode on my tracker? 

I follow those instructions at the link and I do my runs, which upload to fitbit.  I have verified that GPS is turned on.  As you can see, I completed a run with GPS on, but it appears that my cardio fitness score remains an estimate. I've seen other posts that that the score should not be a range and also that when it's precise, it says "score", not "estimate".

Screenshot_20170602-102123.pngUntitled.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice RHR. I'm running at about 70 at the moment.

Versa 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I haven't been to Boston recently, so not sure if your route is flat or hilly. Please note this section of the Help article:

"We recommend running on flat terrain as much as possible since only the flat sections of your run count towards your score estimate. You may need to go on several runs that are at least 10 minutes in length to affect your score."

With Fitbit you need at least 10 continuous minutes of running on flat sections for the VO2max estimation process to work. I'm not sure if Fitbit is affected by stop lights. The basic idea (pic on page 3) is that Fitbit needs at least 10 continuous minutes of HR and pace, without start/stops (traffic lights), and without hills. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

The terrain is flat.  I'll keep doing runs and se if anything changes.  Has anyone had success getting a more precise score with the Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You didn't answer his question at all !   I'm having the same issue.  I've gone on many GPS runs and I stll get a range, not a precise score.  How many GPS runs do you need to log to get a precise fitness score?

Best Answer
0 Votes