Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent sleeve from ending exercise?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone found a way to stop their sleeve from ending an exercise at some random point in the middle? About half the time when I wear my raincoat or hoodie and gloves, the device pauses or ends the exercise at some point during my route, and I don't notice it until I get to my destination and see that it's stopped.

Do any of the replacement trackers have a way to lock the screen to prevent this? I haven't found a way to do this with the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@geobeck   Have you tried changing the Quick View from automatic to manual when you need long sleeves/gloves?  See page 28 of the Blaze manual for details.  I suspect that your screen comes on during exercise, but you don't see it, and your exercise gets paused by sleeve/glove pressure on the touch screen.  This issue isn't limited to the Blaze.  Other users post about it in other device forums.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I changed that setting some time ago, and just verified that Quick View is still turned off. I'm pretty sure my sleeve or glove isn't pressing one of the physical buttons, just touching the screen.

It would be great if there was an actual screen lock that prevented the screen from turning on unless you pressed a physical button. Do any of the new devices have this? I'll probably buy a newer one by the end of the year to get the ECG functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@geobeck   I'm sorry that my advice didn't help.  I never wore a Blaze and have not had a problem with sleeves or gloves with any of my Fitbits.  I did a little searching.  You aren't the only Blaze user who describes this issue with the screen wake set to manual.  I am really perplexed.  I have no idea how your touch screen is activating.  Sorry.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I found certain material seems to trip the touch screen more than others. I think it was like a wool sweater I had trouble with. I generally fold back anything over the tracker for easy access anyway, because I'll be checking heart rate readings. I ride at least 50 miles a week year around in Il. Never felt uncomfortable leaving the tracker wrist a little less layered. My Ski gloves in Winter don't bother the touch screen. Nor do the thinner gloves in 40ish temps. Using Versas now but started with the Blaze.

Best Answer

Thanks to both of you for the info that other devices don't seem to have this problem, and that other Blaze users have reported it.

I was seriously considering the Sense because of the health features, but it looks like the Chage 5 might do everything I want for a lower price. Still, I don't want to drop $300 (Canadian) on something without some evidence that the most significant problem with the Blaze isn't an issue on a new device.

Best Answer