Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting Blaze to sync to iPhone XS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

After changing my Blaze today I tried syncing it to the Fitbit app, after about 5 minutes the app said it was ‘looking’ I checked my Bluetooth and it said it was not connected, I pushed sync on my phone and a notification appeared and said that it couldn’t detect my Blaze and to make sure that it was in range and switched on.

I have tried restarting both my phone and Blaze, turning off Bluetooth, removing the device from both my phone and app and un- installing the app none of these things have worked.

I have an iPhone XS and noticed that it isn’t on the list of compatible devices. Would this be the reason why it wouldn’t sync and pair?

Thanks!

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there @TaYmAnN86, welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems getting your Blaze to sync to your iPhone XS but thanks a lot for what you've tried to get it to work. I'd like to help you out!

Now, I'd like to let you know that even when the iPhone XS is not listed as a compatible device yet, you should have no problems getting it to work with your Fitbit Blaze. There's something else I can recommend and it's removing the Blaze from your connected Bluetooth devices on your phone. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set up your tracker as a new device.

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Hope this gets you back on track. Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all of this mentioned and they still will not connect... more suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any answers yet? I’m having the same problem. I’ve tried everything but I cannot get the Bluetooth to detect the blaze. I’m getting really frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having this same problem...

my last resort after restarting the iphone xs and the fitbit blaze was to "forget device" on the iphone for the blaze classic. I then tried to pair as normal and it worked! Good luck to you

Best Answer

In my case... I can see it syncing in the app.. the strange thing is the bluetooth not seeing the device, hence can't pair!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to forget the device and rest it up like it was a brand new device. It ended up working out after that 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem pairing the Blaze with a new iPhone XS. I still had my old iPhone and once I turned off the Bluetooth to my old iPhone (disconnecting the Blaze from it), the problem was solved and it synced with the new iPhone.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just recently got an XS and have had my blaze for years.

I had to remove the device feom my phone app and set it back up again to sync.

but the biggest problem I have is when my phone rings and making calls.

I ring people feom my car and my watch starts ringing! Then when I hang up it says missed call from that person.

If the person answers, my watch keeps ringing the entire time.

this happens in and out of the car.

Best Answer
0 Votes