Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick View Sensitivity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Good morning guys. So far, I am loving every bit of my Blaze. However, my Quick View seems to be erratic. Is anyone else suffering from this? Turning my wrist towards me works maybe 50% of the time. Most times, I need to turn my wrist entirely away from me, and then turn it towards me. Is there any way to adjust this sensitivity? Is anyone else experiencing this?
Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

There is not a setting to adjust the sensitivity of it. I had the opposite problem - mine was being activated too frequently so I have turned mine off. 

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue.  When I turn my wrist it only turns the screen on maybe half the time.

Best Answer
Any suggestions on a work around? Is Fitbit aware of this?
Best Answer
So my screen doesn't seem to automatically come on when I lift my wrist to look at it or when I receive a call or text. I have to press the left bezel to see the screen. All my settings are correct. Maybe just needs an update. I hope more clock faces are coming too. Thanks in advance
Best Answer

On your website dashboard, click on the gear icon on the top right and then click on the Blaze tile.  You should get to the settings page.  Scroll down and check on the Quick View Gesture and make sure it is turned on. Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2016-03-02 at 11.08.58 PM.png

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it's on, that was the first thing I checked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exact same problem

Best Answer

I was having the same problem, then realized I wasn't raising it high enough. If I raise it about a foot from its original position, it comes right on so..... if my wrist is already at chest level (running or wresting on an armrest) -> raise it to eye level , if my arm is straight down-> raise my wrist to my chest level.

Best Answer

Mine very seldom works.  Too bad, thats a very good feature.

Best Answer
You are correct! That seems to work. I had a Surge and didn't have to do that. Tested on a call and it didn't work as well. I'm sure there will be a patch. Thanks though!
Best Answer

Having same issue. I wear mine with face on inside of my wrist and thought maybe that's why mine was only working part of the time but it seems others have the same issue. Hopefully an update will rectify the issue. 

Best Answer

I've combined a coiple of threads on this subject.

For more info on how to activate quick view please see this page, for @FerdinandFitbit and my response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, howerver I have noticed that I get different results depending on the watch face I have selected.  The Original Face seems most sensitive and works more often than not for Quick View, however I would prefer Zone Clock Face, but this only works circa50% of the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I notice with mine if I flick my wrist really quick it does not work but if I do it slowly it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a submission already started about this over on the Feature Request board.  If you would like to see the sensitivity of quick view adjusted, I suggest viewing this submission and giving it a like .  The more likes it has that better the chances that Fitbit picks up on it as an issue!  

Best Answer
I noticed that for me the quick view will turn on two ways.
Having the arm by the stomach, facing away from me. Now rotate it 90 degrees so that it is facing up. Look down at the lighted uo watch.

Second way is to bring the arm up in front of you, but make sure the wrist is somewhat parrellel to the floor before doing that 90 degree twist

To test how the quick view works i took the blaze off and held it in my hand, rotated it different ways, while watching the results.
Best Answer
My quick view is erratic as well. I notice it won't work at all if I'm laying down and elevate my arm to look at my fitbit, but if I sit up with my arm parallel to the ground it works. This also occurs when I'm driving and right now as my forearms are in an elevated position to write this. So it seems like my arm must always be parallel to the ground for quick view to work, is this normal?
Best Answer
My quick view is erratic as well. I noticed it's more delayed with the zone clock face than the other faces such as pop.
Best Answer

Ditto. It doesn't work with a flick of the wrist, you have to raise and twist. Super annoying when you are sitting down. Current functionality makes it impossible to quickly check the time. 

IMO the clock face should be on all of the time. The Surge works great, why change the functionality ?

Best Answer