Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update:

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! We are expecting a fix for this will take a few more days. This means you should anticipate receiving the classic sleep patterns for the coming days. Our team is working hard to get everyone their Sleep Stages back! We know how important this feature is and hope to have it resolved soon. Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some Blaze users receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring.

Best Answer
491 REPLIES 491

I do mot how many of the options you are using Fitbit saying that battery would be the cause. I have the IPhone SE I am using but it seams that certain phone are compatible even among IPhones which is strange. There are some posts on here that one said has used an Android an got it working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello yes I was looking on the list of pulls here and seeing that they had people who have bought the blaze since when it first came out I believe I remember seeing that the first one was sometime in February of last year.  If you talking about the basic, before it aired register the deep sleep awake and R.E.M.  On mine it shows too much mess of sleep. Right below it it shows you the number of days that your sleep was measured. If you tap on one of those lines as I did on my phone? Then it would expand so to speak; and then it will show you  The ram awake and deep sleep Etc.  Had to same problem, in which I tapped on the bluelines which measure your sleep per night. Try that and see what happens. I did the same with mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your suggestions KraKee but user error is not the issue.  If you read what people are saying they clearly know how to use the app and have been for sometime. 

Ive been able to see R.E.M., Deep & light sleep for every night I've had my blaze.  All of a sudden it is showing the error message everyone else is getting and reverting to basic sleep/wake periods.  It's obviously an issue with the firmware as no other variable has changed.  

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Last two nights are not detailed sleep anymore. I haven't changed anything notable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here, latest app version, iPhone 6s running 10.3.3. Everything worked perfectly fine until two nights ago. First Alta HR came back without sleep phases, last night changed to Blaze and had the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Altra I never had one but I have a Blaze just had it a month. I can give you of what I know hope it helps. From the beginning finding out in what phones is not comparable. Can you explain in detail what it is not doing? Are you referring to the different stages of sleep that is not recording?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay my friend that I am telling you all from my experience with the Blaze since having it. Now the basic sleep periods verses the awake, deep sleep and Rem. it does not first up when you tap on in the Dashboard how do you sleep? On my app it shows the basic. All the days registered sleep is the a blue line on your app?  I have been tapping that and it shows the other measures. On that part what does it shows? When I installed the Blaze I also received an update I guess assume you got the same? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay my friend that I am telling you all from my experience with the Blaze since having it. Now the basic sleep periods verses the awake, deep sleep and Rem. it does not first up when you tap on in the Dashboard how do you sleep? On my app it shows the basic. All the days registered sleep is the a blue line on your app?  I have been tapping that and it shows the other measures.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Everything was fine until two days ago. Even when I press the blue line it
is only basic data that opens to display. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess you are right it did not measure the R.E.M. Deep sleep etc for last night. But the past three nights it did. So I will check in the morning how would it registered. I am hoping that will change regarding last night rest. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just because this thread is marked solved doesn't mean it is.
The Op posted in March this year. The apparent solution was posted in July. The op doesn't say it is solved for them. I believe the solution was added when Fitbit updated the app to show error messages which people appear to not be getting.
One or two people through this post are saying that their machine is now working, many are saying theirs is still not functioning correctly.
Mine is one of the ones that seems to be working. I am fortunate.
I am not prepared to suggest that because I'm OK and because Fitbit say it's okay then EVERYONE should be okay.
It is still problem and Fitbit shouldn't be happy to wash their hands of it by saying 'solved'.
Best Answer

oh phew. i thought my blaze had broken and came here for help but it seems mine is not the only one that has lost sleep stages for the last two nights.

hope they fix it soon.

Best Answer

Same issue here. Last 2 nights got no sleep stages. Fitbit  support, can you please give an update? I am seeing Tons of people complaining about this! Not only for Blazer but for Charge 2 hr...... Please assist us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit reply on facebook:)

Fitbit UK & Ireland Thanks for the report, Donna! This is a known issue and our site team is working to correct it. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal very soon.

Best Answer

For the past two nights my blaze has not recorded any sleep stages.  Prior to this it was fine.  I am not getting any notifications to tell me why.  Can anyone help?

Best Answer

I have the same problem with the sleep! It has been working great but last night it did not record the stages as normal just bars (like I used to get when I had a Flex 2).

Best Answer

Same problem.  Last 3 nights.  It was working fine  before. 

Best Answer

Mine too! I've deleted the app twice and re-installed it, turned off my Fitbit blaze and turned off my phone and still nothing! Glad I'm not the only one! Hopefully it fixes itself soon!

Best Answer

I've had sleep stages showing on my iphone app all along & I've had my blaze since spring of 2016. Mine quit working 2 nights ago & I can't figure out why. I'm wearing it the same as always & sleeping as normal. My app version is 2.39. What has changed & how do I get the stages to show in the app again?

Best Answer

Same here, for the past 2 nights my Blaze has not recorded my sleep stages.  There haven't been any changes.

Best Answer