Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update:

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! We are expecting a fix for this will take a few more days. This means you should anticipate receiving the classic sleep patterns for the coming days. Our team is working hard to get everyone their Sleep Stages back! We know how important this feature is and hope to have it resolved soon. Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some Blaze users receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring.

Best Answer
491 REPLIES 491

@KraKree I have the Blaze and @MatthewFitbit would be aware because our posts crossed in the Forum.

I would wait until you see a successful sleep stages and when that happens all you do to recreate the old sleep stages is to tap on the old sleep stage. Then make note of the start and stop times, Tap the pencil, then tap the 3 dots and a delete log will appear. Tap that and then tap the plus sign to recreate the log.

@KraKree wrote:

Great may I ask which watch you have? Can you show us how it was done? Did you tell this to Fitbit moderator? 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

No this is a very wide spread problem and now they have a a notice on the page saying they are aware that there is an issue.  That is a turn from earlier when people were being advised to do this and do that when in fact it was the their program that glitched repeatedly and this is the longest siege of no sleep stages I think!  but won't get as annoyed as in the past as they acknowledge it is them.  I am hanging in and waiting it out.  I do use this with working with my doctor on sleep issues.  So it is important.  hang in there

I wouldn't put it past anyone because these days whatever generates $$ might get done no matter how low the ploy is!  But if that is the game, they can think again cause I will not buy another one or a more expensive one, they fix it or they lose me eventually.  but for now I am going to give them the benifite of the doubt, time will tell.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is impacting me on my Fitbit Alta as well.  Same issue, so I'm assuming the same tech challenge on your side?  Has been working flawlessly until 4 nights ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bet something is going on with other devices as well..unless like one person suggested and that is that it is a ploy to get you to upgrade, sure will if the upgrade is a "free" replacement for what isn't working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Super, all my missing Blaze data is back! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone, please ignore typos 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Just to say this is very frustrating. Having just taken a Fitbit back to the shop after only having it for 3 days as it stopped on Friday doing the sleep log and thought it had gone wrong. Fitbit have our accounts and send info on our stats etc. to us why they could not send information about this not logging sleep problem to us directly but instead we have to trawl the web. And now find this blog as just about to take the second Fitbit back for a refund. Also I do not understand the technical issue and feel we customers are not being informed about how our personal data is being used - can we have some more technical information please as to what the error is. The algorithm simply uses heart beat etc and should do a few sums within the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just checked mine and nothing has changed. I'm glad you are back up and running.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can agree to that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That myself can not answer. I am where you are understanding all this. There are many out there probably frustrated as you are. I can understand that. I have not had it long less than a month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recovery Runner great news. Glad to hear that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Their point was well taken, I had to do that when finding out that it was not compatible when it was advertised that it was not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted my Blaze yesterday and also rebooted my Windows Phone prior to learning that this was a back end issue. I still show 4 days of basic/classic sleep data for Friday through Monday nights, but my Tuesday night data is back to Sleep Stages.

-steve

Best Answer

I have a charge 2 with same problem 

Best Answer
On Monday night, 9/4, I got sleep stages again, but last night, 9/5, it went back to classic again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not fixed yet!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep stages don't seem to be working for Charge 2 as well. 

Best Answer

When I synced today I saw sleep stages were there but they disappeared after a few minutes and we're replaced by classic sleep data

IonicPreviously Blaze
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this also impacting Charge HR 2 bands? I've had this issue multiple nights over the last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, that's really interesting! Makes me question the accuracy. What is your setting on? Mine is set to sensitive.

@Xyverz wrote:

@Arlyne – I've had the opposite, actually. with Classic mode, it shows me as having far more sleep and much less awake time when compared to Stages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please don't revert to sleep stages. I prefer the classic as so many others. Is there any way to allow the user to choose between the two settings?  I'm sure the developers could do this. 

Best Answer