Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update:

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! We are expecting a fix for this will take a few more days. This means you should anticipate receiving the classic sleep patterns for the coming days. Our team is working hard to get everyone their Sleep Stages back! We know how important this feature is and hope to have it resolved soon. Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some Blaze users receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring.

Best Answer
491 REPLIES 491

Seems to be fixed 👍 Now i receive again the sleep stages as I dis before👏👏👏

Best Answer
0 Votes
Result!
Sleep stages is working on my Blaze as of midnight last night here in the UK. Wonder what went wrong to cause it in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I see that this issue is tied to a thread for the Fitbit blaze. I am having the same issues with my charge 2 HR showing simplified sleep data since September 2. Is this an issue for all Fitbit users?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Blaze. Didn't do anything different. Then syn my Blaze when I woke up n there it is with Sleep Stages.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SouthDakota wrote:

I see that this issue is tied to a thread for the Fitbit blaze. I am having the same issues with my charge 2 HR showing simplified sleep data since September 2. Is this an issue for all Fitbit users?

The issue affects users of the Blaze, Alta HR and Charge 2. There is a thread similar to this one in the Charge 2 forum if you'd prefer to follow that one but the updates from fitbit in the first post of the thread will be the same in each

Best Answer

Worked ok for me last night on Alta HR after 2 nights classic sleep.  Thanks 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked ok for me last night on Alta HR after 2 nights classic sleep.  Thanks 

Best Answer

I bought an Alta HR Fit bit on Sunday 6th August 2017 on the understanding that I would be able to track my sleeping patterns.  This function has never worked and, after several exchanges of emails with the support team, I am now informed by them that this is an ongoing issue that is affecting other customers as well but that "we don't have a timeline for it to be fixed".  If this is the case, why is Fitbit continuing to market this product which is not fit for purpose?  The advice to "check for an available firmware update for your tracker from time to time" is not a satisfactory response for a product that cost £129:99. I still have time to return my Fitbit Alta HR.  Which model of Fitbit can I replace it with that actually does what it claims to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got sleep stages last night. Yeah. See what happens tonight.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The sleep stage seems to be working on mine this morning. The past ones I had deleted probably should not have but did. How about anyone else? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still getting classic only. 😑😑

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you do?  I was told to look out for firmware updates but no idea how to install (?) these?  Mine is an Alta HR Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SusanMary the problem has been on the fitbit servers so if it is fixed then there is nothing you need to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens tonight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received my sleep stages this morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me too last night. Great stuff 

Best Answer
0 Votes

not for me but did for my wife !

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still only getting the basic sleep details on my Fitbit Alta HR.  Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is back to normal sleep stages last night. I never paid attention to firmware versions. My Blaze has version 17.8.401.3.

I thought the issue was on fitbit's servers or in how they massage user data to present it properly. \\

Anyway, sleep stages seem to be working again and hopefully will stay working.

Best Answer

This started working since yesterday night, thank you FitBit team.

Best Answer