Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Android Dashboard and battery drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure if there is correlation, but received a Dashboard  update on my phone Saturday gone, and while my Blaze was fully charged to 100%, battery has shot down to 70%, even though quick view disabled, dimmed. I hope fitbit are not trying rush a quick fix for the S8 issue at our expense.

Every time there is dashboard update, it always breaks something, for me it was my notifications. This was partly resolved by resetting the phone, extreme action but only resolved part of the issue. Still to date cannot receive text notification since last November despite pebble replacement. I wish fitbit pull their finger out resolve these on going issues.  Please don't send me condescending advice on resetting pebble "3 times" as it been tried and no result.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Would it really be condescending if someone went out of their way to try and help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Despite providing a detailed description of the problem ie; latest update bricking the pebble and leaving it unresponsive and describing everything I had tried prior to contacting forum and support line. Some moderator still chirps in and tells me to "reset" device or clean the button on the straps.

Moderators are quick to protect the brand and push out same old tired fixes, then suggest alternative fix that will get user up and running. I wont be surprised if this thread get pushed down the rank so it does not see the light of day anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well @Kotli, I'm not sure what tyr problem is that you describe. You say that you got a dashboard update, was this an app dashboard update or do ypu mean an update to the Fitbit app?

You say that 8some update bricked your Blaze, did you also habe a firmware update go the tracker?. An u0date to the Fitbit app can not brock your tracker!

Do you have allways connected emabled? All day sync? 

Since you got the updaye, not sure what was updated,  have yoi restarted the phone and maybe the tracker?

You seem to think that the phone is the cause of the problem, but fail to mention the phone model??? Is the phone on Fitbit's compatibility list? There noention of this either way?

Have you read the sync help doc?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I had read your reply in two takes because of the grammar, near gave me aneurysm. Dashboard update I refer to was the phone app which "bricked" my notifications alerts, every time there Android dashboard update it breaks notifications alerts, the extreme measure is I need to reset my phone back to factory in order to revive notification alerts to resolve issue. In this day and age to this is mental.

Recent update also affected the battery level of the pebble down from 100% to 70% in just over one day.

It was the recent Blaze firmware update that "bricked" my last pebble. And yes my Motorola Moto G (2014) is on the compatible list.

As precautionary measure I always do "reset" my pebble after every firmware and app update, because update tends come with a warning that device needs to be restarted to  "appreciate" Fitbit experience.

All day sync is enabled and always connected is connected. Instead of Fitbit writing a custom API for Bluetooth and other components, surely stick to open source which may resolve issues.

Hopefully this clear, this time round.

Best Answer
0 Votes