Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended specification for a wall charger blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Most of this forum has contradictory information on specification for a wall charger. For me it is very inconvenient using a laptop sub port all the time. So what I'm looking for is a moderator or representative to reply with: ul usb 5Vt at ?mA.... Thanks in advance.
Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16
Bump I'm out shopping ATM and can get a charger that is 500ma 5vt apparently this is the lowest rating available and if in doubt you should use the lower rating. So says the I.T. Guy anyhow.... Still looking for a confirmation from the company on this though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The general rule from the company is make it UL approved, if it is sold in the USA it will be.. 500mAH should be fine, any smaller and it might take to long to charge. Oh, and make sure it is unplugged once charged.
The Blaze has a very good charging circuit built in, so even a 1000mAH should be ok.. It would shorten the charge time a little, at the expense of a little added heat. Heat is a batteries enemy.
As for getting an official word, you would want to flag a moderator. Or do a search this question was answered earlier by a moderator today, and where I got the Certified UK answer from. Using the search function above would have removed the need to ask, no I'm not complaing, just pointing out that the search of the forums or the help documents, link also below, will often give an imeadiate answer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That link doesn't have a specification for the milliamps. How does one flag a moderator? Also in search there is no moderator responses with the soecification hence direct question being asked.....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I know there has not been much mentioned on the specs needed for the power supply, the best I keep reading is to use an UA approved charger.. 

Your laptop USB ports are rated 500mAH at the most, this tells me that a 500mAH charger will work. 

Doing a search I see that the battery charging circuit in the Blaze can handle up to 38 volts, I'm sure the Blaze would be fried. So as long as the charger is 5 volts technically it should be fine. 

As for the Surge I find a 500mAH charger not strong enough taking 4+ hours to charge. I have a 2000mAH, I can see the moderators cringe, powering an unused USB hub with charging cords for 3 Fitbits, and to USB chargers. This allows me to have the cables for every device I need to charge. I am not worried about the 2AH supply since a circuit will only draw as much current as needed, this is why you can plug a 1watt led light into the same outlet as a 1500 watt hair drier is plugged into.. The battery is only able to pull so much curren. 

Now to flag a moderator let's look at the discussion board with the getting started. Here we can find out how to flag someone and even how to figure out the moderators

Best Answer
I'm using most of the options on the blaze I get 1.5 days out of a full charge doing that and I like the device. Thanks for your help I'll read that article now about tagging a moderator...
Best Answer
0 Votes
Little confused still do I tag all of them? Who is blaze moderator? Feel very noob right now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mate, if I charged my Blaze with a wall charger that  does not have the UL label, fluid that looks like battery electrolyte comes out around the edges of the frame (in your other postings, you have very strong doubt that this is possible, but I have twice as much fluid coming out as those photos posted in the community forums). I only dare to charge with USB port from my computer now (so far so good, but this is very inconvenient, wish FitBit could sell their official charger or include in the tracker package). I am abiding strictly to OEM’s recommendation and is searching for a UL certified charger.

But you have raised a very interesting point about upplugging once it is charged. Just want to understand why you recommend that, e.g. is it because fluid will start coming out of the tracker, or preserve battery life, or tracker gets damaged/overheated, etc? This step is not mentioned in the user manual. Keen to see your view.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use my Xbox One to charge my Fitbit. It's on the charger now, as I couldn't charge it up fully before work last night so I only charged it for 10 minutes to have enough juice to get me buy until the morning. Normally takes 90 minutes to charge fully. It was low when I put it in the charger, medium when I took it out, and low when I synced an hour before my shift ended. OEM's aren't going to matter. Anything will do. I've used whatever is close to me to charge my phone and that included my digital cable box. If it's UL listed it should work. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I'm charging my Blaze with Sony wall charger (EU) at 1.5A and having a doubt about it.

So far charges fine, but how long Blaze works my battery on it runs for maximum of 2 days.

Is 1.5A harmful for Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The 1.,5 amp charger doesn't matter, the Blaze will only use the current that it needs. This is how electricity works and why a 3 watt night light can be plugged into the same outlet as a 1200 watt hair dryer. 

So what do we want to look for in a wall charger? If in the USA it should be UL rated. This means that it has been tested for safety and giving a better chance that it won't electracute someone or catch on fire. If your country has a like testing group then you'll want to get a charger that is approved by them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I moved on to an Ionic and more goodies including a second Xbox One (S) and an 8TB Xbox One External USB Hub. I charge my Ionic with that. Zero issues. 

Also charges up my iPhone too. Zero issues. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to assume your external hub is self powered, ie plugs into a wall charger .

Please remember the hub supply a power to all the devices plugged into it. This could potentially slow down the charging rate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Xbox One hub doesn't have anything plugged into it. Usually play GTA Online or The Elder Scrolls Morrowind. Or something else. When my Ionic needs to be charged I set it and forget it. Periodically I might check but I normally don't put it back on for a couple of hours. 

I could use my iPhone plug, but I'm a bit lazy in plugging it into my battery backup. Lol. The Xbox One hub is right there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Rich_Laue,

Thanks for a reply, now I'm good 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently bought the blade. Have being charging it with a 5V output charger. Takes 10 to 15 minutes. Is fine tool now. Let's see how it goes!!! 

Is a 5 V charger OK for the blaze????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes a USB charger should be putting out 5 volts, if it charges your unit you'll be fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes