Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded Workouts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi there,

I'm having trouble recording my workouts , today I started recording under the 'workout' tab and after 55 minutes once I synced my blaze to my phone it only recorded 4 active minutes which has left me really confused and disappointed ! I also wanted to ask does the blaze record mat exercises effectively eg crunches / leg raises/ lunging / squats etc? I feel like I've lost a workout today ! Is there anyway to record a workout in the background so I can use the stop watch / record laps etc . The blaze doesn't seem to let me do anything whilst it's recording ( not even check the time ) which is quite annoying .

Kind regards
Gina
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Gina_F. Great to see you in the Community! 🙂

All Fitbit trackers calculate active minutes using metabolic equivalents (METs). METs help measure the energy expenditure of various activities. Because they do so in a comparable way among persons of different weights, METs are widely used as indicators for exercise intensity. For example, a MET of 1 indicates a body at rest. Fitbit trackers estimate your MET value in any given minute by calculating the intensity of your activity.

You earn active minutes for activities at or above about 3 METs.  To stay in line with the Center for Disease Control's (CDC’s) “10 minutes at a time is fine” concept, minutes are only awarded after 10 minutes of continuous moderate-to-intense activity. You can view the CDC’s recommendations on the CDC website.

If an activity gives you active minutes one day and fewer active minutes the next day, remember that the intensity of exercise is key. Often what seems like the exact same amount of effort over the same distance in fact differs slightly enough to change your active minutes total.

Now, since you have a Fitbit Blaze which uses a heart rate monitor, it do a better job of recognizing active minutes for non-step-based activities, such as weight lifting, strenuous yoga, including the activities that you mention.

Aaaaand last but not least, whenever you are recording an activity from your tracker, you can not exit it to use the stop watch or timer. There is a feature request for this to be possible that you can check here and add your vote and comments but for you to be able to see the time, you only need to press and hold the lower right button (the pause button during the activity tracking) and the time will appear at the top right corner and notifications at the bottom. To go back to your exercise tracking screen, just press the back button (left button).

Hope you find all this information handy and if you need anything else, let me know and I'll be glad to help! 😄

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Aand one more note:

By scrolling through the stats while in exercise mode,  the will be a screen with today's time

Best Answer
0 Votes