Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Didn't hit 250 steps this hour? Well get moving!

With the latest update, you can now track your hourly activity progress right on your Blaze. Enable reminders to move in your device settings and check it out! Robot Very Happy

RTM-Reminder.gif

RTM-Goal-Hour.gif

RTM-Goal-Day.gif

The reminders to move feature nudges you to walk at least 250 steps each hour. If you haven't walked 250 steps, at 10 minutes before the hour you'll feel a vibration and see a reminder on your tracker. You can select between 5 to 14 consecutive hours in the day, and you can also select the days you would like to receive reminders to move.

You can view your hourly activity progress on your Blaze by going into the "Today" app and scrolling down. Here's a few examples of how it will appear on your device (the left image shows different variations, these do not all show at once):

Hour Progress - goal not met.pngToday Stats in Progress.png

Note: It will show the amount of steps you have for the current hour (138 steps this hour) until you hit 250 steps, in which case, it will then switch to how many hours you've completed your 250 steps (e.g. 8/9 hours). If you've achieved the 250 steps for every single hour, then it will switch to the green "9/9 hours".

Have any questions or feedback about this feature? Then let us know! Be sure to check out our reminders to move help article for more detailed information. Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
159 REPLIES 159

@mcrmama wrote:
The reminder to move is in the new firmware that has not yet been released to everyone. Hopefully it will roll out in the next few days to those that do not yet have it. You will see an arrow in your app letting you know the update is available to update your Blaze. You can turn on the settings for reminder to move in the meantime to give you a graph but you will not get the reminders yet.

Thanks, I thought I was going nuts, I thought I saw the "Remind me to move" feature it when I set up my Blaze two days ago. But I am on the firmware 17.8.200.3 still.  So, my guess is my Blaze is not warning me if I have not walked 250 steps yet until the next firmware is released to everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Moorepheus wrote:

So, my guess is my Blaze is not warning me if I have not walked 250 steps yet until the next firmware is released to everyone.

Correct.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze firmware was updated to 17.8.301.4

The day before yesterday I received a couple of reminders.
Yesterday and today I did not receive reminders. But I did less than 250 steps per hour at least twice per day. 

I don't understand - what's wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have only heard chatter about the Blaze updates. Just stumbled upon this publically posted article...

https://www.fitbit.com/blaze

Blaze reminders to move - feature coming soon.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome news! Thank you for sharing the screenshots with annimation. Looking forward to the updates whenever they arrive Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know when they will complete the rollout?  I still haven't had teh ability to update the software?

Best Answer
No we don't.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Could you please add the guided breathing function in a future Blaze update?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning @bluetamarai i see there already is a request for this cordio function to be added to the blaze. 

The relaxation exercise request for the blaze may be found here

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, @Rich_Laue !
Best Answer
0 Votes
image.jpeg
@herget wrote:

Awesome news! Thank you for sharing the screenshots with annimation. Looking forward to the updates whenever they arrive Man Happy

@herget, I was trying to get you some photo but not on my computer often so more difficult to post.  Today I got 14/14 hours and my blaze vibrated like it does when I meet my step target and I got a congrats on my screen.  I'll see if I can add it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning! From reading the other forum posts, reading emails from friends, and the online news it is difficult to determine when each person will be receiving their Blaze firmware update. It may happen sometime during September or many may be waiting until October depending on their region.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning! From reading the other forum posts, reading emails from friends, and the online news it is difficult to determine when each person will be receiving their Blaze firmware update. It may happen sometime during September or many may be waiting until October depending on their
region.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
Absolutely love this feature (I had an Alta prior) and the steps so far per hour on the Today section is great.
Best Answer
How do you feel about the accuracy of the Fitbit Blaze?
Best Answer
0 Votes

The updates are not being reliesed by region, but randomly across the user base.. This is so the servers are not over loaded. 

As for accuracy i find on a 1000 step 'walk, counted 500 right steps, its within 20 steps. 

Best Answer

@mcrmama wrote:
image.jpeg
@herget wrote:

@herget, I was trying to get you some photo but not on my computer often so more difficult to post.  Today I got 14/14 hours and my blaze vibrated like it does when I meet my step target and I got a congrats on my screen.  I'll see if I can add it.

I had a bizzare experience yesterday.  I got 13 out of 13 and saw the image like you posted; however, my app only shows 12 of 13 Cat Frustrated I clearly was well over the requried 250 so not sure what would make a bug like that occur.

Best Answer
@racertempo, how strange. I wonder what happened. So far this week I have not experienced that happening. I will keep an I on it and let you know.
Best Answer
@racertempo, du dit ever adjust for you? Just thinking that sometimes the app does not update right away. Would have had to have been the last one though if that was the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mcrmama wrote:
@racertempo, du dit ever adjust for you? Just thinking that sometimes the app does not update right away. Would have had to have been the last one though if that was the issue.

Never updated, even did a phone restart.

Another weird thing is that the ap HR for the day is ALWAYS 1 number lower then what shows on the dashboard.  Neither are the end of the world for me though.

Best Answer
0 Votes