Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Didn't hit 250 steps this hour? Well get moving!

With the latest update, you can now track your hourly activity progress right on your Blaze. Enable reminders to move in your device settings and check it out! Robot Very Happy

RTM-Reminder.gif

RTM-Goal-Hour.gif

RTM-Goal-Day.gif

The reminders to move feature nudges you to walk at least 250 steps each hour. If you haven't walked 250 steps, at 10 minutes before the hour you'll feel a vibration and see a reminder on your tracker. You can select between 5 to 14 consecutive hours in the day, and you can also select the days you would like to receive reminders to move.

You can view your hourly activity progress on your Blaze by going into the "Today" app and scrolling down. Here's a few examples of how it will appear on your device (the left image shows different variations, these do not all show at once):

Hour Progress - goal not met.pngToday Stats in Progress.png

Note: It will show the amount of steps you have for the current hour (138 steps this hour) until you hit 250 steps, in which case, it will then switch to how many hours you've completed your 250 steps (e.g. 8/9 hours). If you've achieved the 250 steps for every single hour, then it will switch to the green "9/9 hours".

Have any questions or feedback about this feature? Then let us know! Be sure to check out our reminders to move help article for more detailed information. Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
159 REPLIES 159

Do you really have the latest firmware? Check the version inside the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I really do have the latest firmware.  17.8.301.7 Read straight from app and the Blaze itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wlstowell are you saying your Fitbit did not sync that hour, or are you saying the app States you did not hot 250 that hour. Have you checked what the website dashboard says? 

@Mrsjaybob go to your app and let us know what version, your Blaze is at.. You also can do this through the settings screen. 

Now go to your Blaze settings and check that reminders are turned on and the hours to monitor are what you want. 

Also have you checked that the primary goal is to the statistic, and that the goal is set at the right value? 

As for notifacations, I would try rebooting the Blaze by holding both the left and lower right buttons in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Rich_Laue
Yes, I really do have the latest firmware. 17.8.301.7 Read straight from app and the Blaze itself.
The reminders are turned on, the house selected are from 8-6. I have also made sure that my primary goal is selected and the value, 2000 calories is correct.
I'll try the reboot.
This is not my first Fitbit product. I've been a pretty loyal customer for about four years.
Flex, Charge HR, Charge 2, and Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did have my 250 steps in that hour. My app did not sync for that hour because at the end of my 9 hours my fitbit stated that I hit my full 9 hours but my app and computer dashboard did not pick up that hour of steps.

Best Answer
Is there any way to change the 250 pr hr to 500??
Best Answer
Step count, vibration alert sensitivity and reminder alert time, do not have options to change.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can choose what days and hours that you want reminding. 

Screenshot_2016-10-09-10-49-46.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there any way to change the 250 pr hr to 500??
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you can't change it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just created an Idea to increase the intensity of the 250 step warning at the 10 minute mark.

I have found that mixed in with other notifications and messages you can overlook examining it immediately. Especially when you have many notifications and messages..

Here is the link, because if others agree I feel it should be of a similar intensity to the Silent Alarms.

Smiley HappyI have had to set a Silent Alarm for bed time and awake time to turn the Notifications on and off while asleep. The Australian time difference, and having many overseas Fitbit Friends sending cheers at different time zones, and, activities messages in Challenges was waking me up....Smiley Wink

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@Colinm39 I think the problem is not as much in the intensity but the duration, 2 bursts. That are less than 1/4 seconds in a half second is simply not enough time to get the vibrator up to speed. 

Best Answer
AWsome job fitbit. With the Reminderes to move added to the Blaze. Applause,applause,applause.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My blaze just shows me the total steps taken in the day so far not the steps I have taken during the current hour! I would like to see what the picture above shows!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not getting my reminders to move. I had been getting them up still the morning but for some reason reminders to move have since stopped. Does anyone have any pointers on how to get them back?
Best Answer

@Colinm39 Voted

@SunsetRunner 

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times. This can solved most any problems you have 

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had an update about 2 days ago. And in the update were reminders to move
I was soon excited to see this. But the Reminderes to move my my Blaze only worked maybe a day. After that no remindersuch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

At least a couple of times a week, my Blaze shows that I did the 250 in the hour but on my phone it does not.  It's a petty thing, I know, but if I've done the steps I would like to see it on my phone too for that ridiculous sense of accomplishment I get.  Any way to fix this?

Best Answer
Thanks!!! I found it yesterday right after I posted. I had not noticed it!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel you Hazel momma
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7. And my Reminders to are here one day gone the next. It was a great idea. It is a great idea
Best Answer