Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Didn't hit 250 steps this hour? Well get moving!

With the latest update, you can now track your hourly activity progress right on your Blaze. Enable reminders to move in your device settings and check it out! Robot Very Happy

RTM-Reminder.gif

RTM-Goal-Hour.gif

RTM-Goal-Day.gif

The reminders to move feature nudges you to walk at least 250 steps each hour. If you haven't walked 250 steps, at 10 minutes before the hour you'll feel a vibration and see a reminder on your tracker. You can select between 5 to 14 consecutive hours in the day, and you can also select the days you would like to receive reminders to move.

You can view your hourly activity progress on your Blaze by going into the "Today" app and scrolling down. Here's a few examples of how it will appear on your device (the left image shows different variations, these do not all show at once):

Hour Progress - goal not met.pngToday Stats in Progress.png

Note: It will show the amount of steps you have for the current hour (138 steps this hour) until you hit 250 steps, in which case, it will then switch to how many hours you've completed your 250 steps (e.g. 8/9 hours). If you've achieved the 250 steps for every single hour, then it will switch to the green "9/9 hours".

Have any questions or feedback about this feature? Then let us know! Be sure to check out our reminders to move help article for more detailed information. Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
159 REPLIES 159

So, I have a question about the reminders to move. If I don't have 250 steps for a particular hour, but I'm up and walking at x:50, it doesn't remind me. I do get the reminder every time if I'm sedentary with steps left to go at that time. Presumably, it's being smart and deciding that I'm moving, so I should make it OK. But, if I had 200 steps to go for the hour and only take 100 and it's x:54 and I'm sedentary again with 100 steps left to go, did I miss my window for the reminder?

Best Answer

@meresydotes You are correct, you will miss the reminder but when you look at your Blaze at x:54 it will either tell you how many steps you have taken before your 250. Then when you hit 250, you will get a Well done message. Then it will replace the 250 steps count with the hours you have achieved out of your setting. Mine is 12 times therefore it will show 1/12 hours as the first marker if I achieved it. Or, if you miss that first one it will show 0/12

I have set silent alarms to remind me at the x:30, unfortunately only 8 of those.

@meresydotes wrote:

So, I have a question about the reminders to move. If I don't have 250 steps for a particular hour, but I'm up and walking at x:50, it doesn't remind me. I do get the reminder every time if I'm sedentary with steps left to go at that time. Presumably, it's being smart and deciding that I'm moving, so I should make it OK. But, if I had 200 steps to go for the hour and only take 100 and it's x:54 and I'm sedentary again with 100 steps left to go, did I miss my window for the reminder?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Saaaypants21 I'm having the same issue and when you are close to the 250 step limit the error creeps in..

I have noticed the Blaze is 2-3 seconds behind my phone and computer time. The Phone and Computer are set to the network time.

So I have created Activity records for each hour and when the 250 steps message came up a few minutes ago I synced the systems.

The Blaze showed 250 steps and the congratulations. The Android Phone hadn't recognised the 250 steps red dot after syncing and when I updated the Activities on the Fitbit.com Activities it only showed 243 steps.

So 7 steps lacking..... So at about 100 steps/minute that equates to about 6 steps. So the syncing process is 2-3 seconds early hence the error. A quick walk and sync fixed that. I have also seen 6 steps creep into the next hour so that is probably the 2-3 second early chop off because another sync shows the few steps which should have been in the previous hour.

So maybe if we have a 5% allowance on other step issues for accuracy maybe we should have +/- 5%  steps on the Blaze which is 12 steps....

Smiley HappyThat would also account for the normal loss of steps while walking with the Blaze... My comparison with the One..

It's not a medically accurate device so there should be an allowance because of my findings.

@sdgriffinblaze wrote:

At least a couple of times a week, my Blaze shows that I did the 250 in the hour but on my phone it does not.  It's a petty thing, I know, but if I've done the steps I would like to see it on my phone too for that ridiculous sense of accomplishment I get.  Any way to fix this?

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Here is a reverse example.. All good on the tracking of 250 steps but an activity record for the hour in question only shows 148 steps yet I received all of the 250 salutations..

No missing steps even though it is down.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you change 250 step warning time on the blaze from HH:50 to HH:45, or is hard wired to send you a warning at ten minutes to the hour?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Today I had the reverse example of the 250 steps.. An activity record shows 240 steps and the Blaze and the PC Dashboard has the red dot for achievement.

The 250 step challenge is a real Challenge and Dr Michael Moseley says we must keep active every 30 minutes and I have found I can account for nearly 6000 steps by being reminded by the 250 step prompt over 12 hours and a quick walk account for the remaining 4000 steps.

I have found getting engrossed in Fitbit Community nearly robs you of a 250 step target.. Hence my using my silent alarms to remind me on the 1/2 hour.

I just did another test against the world clock.. My Windows 7 computer is 5 seconds faster than world time.. My Blaze, after I did a reset it dropped 2 minutes and after I did a Sync it is now exactly the same as world time. So I have a 5 second lag there.. My Android has the second hand between both..

So for me doing domestics around the house is only about 45 steps/minute.. Brisk walking is 125 steps/minute..   So up and about.......

Blaze cusp.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

In general I am really pleased with the reminder to move feature, although would vote for a stronger vibration alert. However on at least 2 occasions my Blaze has congratulated me on getting the 250 steps and these have not synced to the phone/computer app.  On one occasion the PC app registered it correctly and the phone app didn't, today neither phone or PC app registered 1 of the hours. My Blaze is set to use the same time as my phone. The PC may be milliseconds out.

It's really frustrating to make the effort to get all 14 hours of movement in and then find that 1 or 2 of the hours haven't synced. Is anyone else having this problem? The Blaze is running on the latest version and my phone is a Samsung S7 also running the latest firmware. Also wish it would register other activity apart from 250 steps. Had to get off my bike and walk recently just so I didn't miss one of the hours!

Best Answer

@Fosgran Here is the link to my suggestion to have the 10 minute warning with a more intense vibration.. But it has only attracted 10 votes..

@Fosgran wrote:

In general I am really pleased with the reminder to move feature, although would vote for a stronger vibration alert. However on at least 2 occasions my Blaze has congratulated me on getting the 250 steps and these have not synced to the phone/computer app.  On one occasion the PC app registered it correctly and the phone app didn't, today neither phone or PC app registered 1 of the hours. My Blaze is set to use the same time as my phone. The PC may be milliseconds out.

It's really frustrating to make the effort to get all 14 hours of movement in and then find that 1 or 2 of the hours haven't synced. Is anyone else having this problem? The Blaze is running on the latest version and my phone is a Samsung S7 also running the latest firmware. Also wish it would register other activity apart from 250 steps. Had to get off my bike and walk recently just so I didn't miss one of the hours!

Best Answer
I just noticed after switching fitbit trackers. That the Blaze tells you how many steps you have so far for the hour. Very convenient
I never noticed that before. My friend bought the Charge 2 and They didn't notice the Charge doing that eithet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fosgran Here is another example and this one stopped me achieving every goal today.. Bit it's like losing a race by milliseconds. I was distracted at the time and knew I had at least achieved the 250 steps. Probably another cusp/timing issue... but this time at the start of a 1 hour period. Last time it was at the end.

I'm not worried about it because it is keeping me on the move.. I would probably like the suggestions from Dr Moseley that we should move every 30 minutes....

250 step error.jpg

Best Answer

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new feature. However, if I'm only shooting for 250 steps per hour, it doesn't get me anywhere NEAR my daily step goal. I know it isn't possible to change that hourly goal now (I've researched), but is it possible that this is in a near future release? Please say it is!!!! And well done FitBit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @uagyrl no one on this board will be able to say yes. My suggestion would be to add your vote to this suggestion for customizing step count reminders.. It's the votes and interest that counts, I did notice that the additions recently that were added came from user suggestions. 

Best Answer

I am no longer receiving notifications to move. However, it will vibrate when I reach my 250 step goal. I do have reminders turned on in the app, but still does not nudge me. Do you have any suggestions? Does it matter what face I have? Thank you for your help in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hilcakes Have you tried restarting your tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hilcakes have you checked the app to make sure reminders are turned on? 

Try turning them off - sync - turn them on - then sync ahain.. This is what has worked for most. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed the face and it's nudging me again. I have it on Original now, but I really like the Flare face! That's why I asked about the face because changing it was when I noticed it wasn't vibrating anymore. How do you turn it off, btw?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep mine is not working since they release the last firmware to fix the iOS 10.2 issue. Going to switch face to default to see if that fixes it.  

Cant believe all the issues they are having. I might just sell it and move onto something else.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received the Blaze for Chirstmas. I set up the Reminder to Move and was really excited about it. After two days it doesn't vibrate at all before the hour. I've turned reminders on and off, resynced, and rebooted my Blaze. Nothing seems to work. Once of the features I was most excited about was the reminder. Very upset it's not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JBurton24 Congratulations on the Blaze....I've had mine since Aug 2016, after upgrading from the Charge HR, and I'm loooving it! Anyhow, if you have met the 250 steps at the ten minute mark for the top of the hour, the 'reminder to move' will not alert you, as you have already met the minimum requirement. Hope this helps...enjoy! 😊👟

Best Answer

@HazelmommyGreat post and I will add a little to your post. You will only get the "steps remaining to achieve 250 steps" at the ten minute mark and one chance only

That is why I have created this feature request to have the warning message to be similar to a silent alarm.  It has only attracted 16 votes in nearly 3 months.

Another thing to watch, is that if you realise you are close to the 250 steps and you try and accumulate the last of the step difference in the 59th minute you may find the Dashboard and Blaze don't agree.. We have mentioned it in the posts and I have found there can be a few seconds delay between the time on the Blaze, your phone network, Fitbit's server time and the PC Dashboard.

@Hazelmommy wrote:

@JBurton24 Congratulations on the Blaze....I've had mine since Aug 2016, after upgrading from the Charge HR, and I'm loooving it! Anyhow, if you have met the 250 steps at the ten minute mark for the top of the hour, the 'reminder to move' will not alert you, as you have already met the minimum requirement. Hope this helps...enjoy! 😊👟

Best Answer
0 Votes