Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian language and Cyrillic font

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will be support Russian language and Cyrillic font in Blaze? Thank you!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Dmirty Здравствуйте (I think that says hello), and welcome to the forums!

At the time of launch, Blaze will be localized in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish, with Chinese, Korean, and Japanese coming soon after. There are no plans for Russian language and Cyrillic fonts for our devices as of yet, but I'd recommend voting for and commenting on the Feature Request here for your language. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@Dmirty Здравствуйте (I think that says hello), and welcome to the forums!

At the time of launch, Blaze will be localized in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish, with Chinese, Korean, and Japanese coming soon after. There are no plans for Russian language and Cyrillic fonts for our devices as of yet, but I'd recommend voting for and commenting on the Feature Request here for your language. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

@EmersonFitbit How about just notification support for foreign (Cyrrilic) langauges? I would prefer my fitbit to be in English, but notifications I receive may contain cyrillic symbols. At the moment they do not display correctly.

Best Answer

Hello @AAverin It's great to have you here. 🙂 I would recommend to visit the idea on the Feature Request board and if you haven't already,  vote for the it and share your comments! Woman Very Happy

Catch you later! Smiley Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AngelaMa.

Thanks, I already voted, but relevant "Feature requests" have 3-5 votes at most, while this looks like a much more serious issue. And even bigger problem is that notifications a broken in general, there can be 4-5 notifications instead of 1, and they may come later then the time on the calendar. But there is already a separate issue for that.

Best Answer

Hello @AAverin thanks for your reply! To get notifications on your Blaze make sure your tracker is within 20 feet of your mobile device. If your tracker and mobile device are too far away from one another, you won't receive notifications or they may be delayed. Also your tracker won't receive notifications if it is syncing to your mobile device when a call, text, or calendar event notification is received. If you miss or receive delayed notifications occasionally, it may be because the tracker was syncing at the same time the notification was received. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Angela,

Could you pelase confirm that the Cyrrilic Calls notifications and text messages will not show up correctly on Blaze?

Am I right that as a workaround you would need to change the Contact names on your phone to make it works fine?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello @igor.kof welcome to the Fitbit Community! I haven't tried using Cyrrilic symbols on my Blaze but according to @AAverin at the moment they don't display correctly.  Also the notifications shouldn't be affected if the contact names includes Cyrrilic symbols, meaning you should receive the notification but the Cyrrilic symbols will not be displayed correctly on the screen. You can read more about Blaze notifications here

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

Best Answer

Hi Angela,

Could you please let the Russian speaking customers know the current status of this Feature? If this is considered to be implemented or not?

Additionally could you please tell us how many points the idea should get to be implemented?

This notification feature is very usefull but the unsupported cyrrilic symbols makes this functionality useless for the quite big number of users. Some of my colleagues were inpressed by the product but when they find out that the sms \ calls text goes in unreadable way they don't consider the idea of bying the product any more.

For myself I just renamed the most important contacts in english to see who is calling but for sms it's the same...

Is it possible at least provide a kind of a Hot Fix so only people who needs this functionality could update the devices (possibly manually)? I think that would make us very happy!  (if possible please send this to your engineering team I think they would give a clear answer or even a solution:) )

Thank you,

Regards,

Igor

Best Answer

Hello @igor.kof! Thanks for sharing your feedback.The Feature Request board is a place to share your input for new additions to your tracker, dashboard, mobile app or ideas to improve the Community, the idea doesn't have to get an specific amount of votes to get implemented. If an idea has a lot of votes it grabs the attention of our developers and if possible they will work on ways to implement the request. If this happens the status of the idea will change. I suggest you to subscribe to the idea and keep an eye on it for any update. Also you can read more about Feature Request here

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmersonFitbit

I am ok with not supporting localization for russian/other languages in application/website, but

not supporting UTF-8 contacts / messages is moveton.

Best Answer

Hello again.

Wanted to raise this issue one more time, because it never been solved.

You can find feature request here, 2 years old, with lots of votes and requests: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Cyrillic-Characters-for-Surge/idi-p/919904

As it's already stated there multiple times – it's not a feature, it's a broken UTF-8 symbols support on the watch that cost me 250 euros.

Would it be possible to escalate this issue somehow? What do we, as users, have to do to make Fitbit multi-lingual? Return our watches back to sellers?

Best Answer