Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S5 and Connected GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Connects fine for the fitbit app. When trying to use connected GPS, I get the "check the app" message. Location services on phone are on. GPS is working fine on the phone. Any ideas?
Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

This is my Galaxy S5 BT screen, The Blaze never says connected.

Screenshot_2016-03-13-17-09-31.png

Best Answer

Thx,

i think this is my problem, the blaze isn't with the pair devices, he is in the list of available devices.

In fitbit dashboard he give bt connected  and he syncs, but why doesn't he appaer in paired devices in miy phone menu?

Best Answer

Hello @ScaD thanks for your reply! I have an Android phone and the Blaze shows as paired, this happened after I set up music control.  I would recommend if you haven't already to contact customer support so they can provide you personalized troubleshooting experience. 

Let me know how it goes! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exactly the same problem and it's driving me mad.  I bought mine last Sunday and have tried all week to make it work. So frustrating.  I can't seem to get any support to help rectify it either.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Which phone do you Have?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Potatohead99 did you try the troubleshoot suggested suggested here? Is your app open when trying to connect to GPS? did you go into the phone's settings and set Fitbit to "Always" for location services? 

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Potatohead99 I have to agree with @ScaD knowing what phone model would help in giving pertinent info rather than a generalized gap.
Ie most Android phones the location is set for the phone not individual apps.
For Android of location set for high accuracy doesn't work, change it to GPS only.
The location of where to change this setting will depend on which Android version is on the phone.
Best Answer
Have you tried making sure your phone is close. I struggle sometimes on my galaxy s5 but still get it.
Best Answer

I have several phones but I'd like to run with that has five because it's the smallest. I have the exact same problem. It's been driving me crazy. I just got a new fit bit blaze and it won't connect to the S5 at all. It works on the iPhone or on other symptoms but not the S5. Really stinks. I wasted way too much time trying to get this thing to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes