Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen always on and slides on its own

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Fitbit,

I have problem with my Blaze screen. The screen keeps moving (slide to summary to notifications etc.) on its own. I did not touch the screen at all, but it keeps sliding on its own. It does not response when i touch the screen (to turn off) the device. Try to restart (by pressing two buttons), but nothing happens.This caused my battery to drain out not more than one day. Help

BTW, im in Malaysia.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@eeffenddy and @FerdinandFitbit ive seen my Blaze act this way if the screen has some mosture or hand cream on it. Try a soft tissue to dry it, or maybe a little alcohol if it feels like a film is on the face.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hey there @eeffenddy. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having problems with your screen acting up like that 😕

I would just like to make sure that you're restarting your tracker correctly. In order to do this, it should be the left and the lower right buttons that you're pressing together for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to turn off and turn back on right away.

Please confirm if this is the way that you've been restarting your tracker. Also, just to make sure, you can try to set it up as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem and the screen should be working properly.

Let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

@eeffenddy and @FerdinandFitbit ive seen my Blaze act this way if the screen has some mosture or hand cream on it. Try a soft tissue to dry it, or maybe a little alcohol if it feels like a film is on the face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot for shedding some light here @Rich_Laue. I hadn't think about that but makes a lot of sense.

Please @eeffenddy, take a look at Rich's advise above.

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit ove got your back covered!

Best Answer

@Rich_Lauethanks.... i tried cleaning my blaze with alcohol swab.... at first it still "crazy" but after full charge, my blaze back to normal.... perhaps it is because of the moisture/water droplets got stuck somewhere on my blaze.

Thanks

Best Answer

Totally makes sense @eeffenddy. Glad to hear that your tracker is working fine again and thanks for getting back to let us know! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

A note on cleanimg the screen with alcohol, you will have to wait for tge alcohol to evaporate. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes