Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen distortion

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my blaze just 2 weeks and wore it on what became a humid sweaty 4km run tonight, now my screen distorts every time I touch it (looks like white noise).....did my sweat fry it???

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

A warm welcome to the Community @Tashap73.

If you are seeing condensation in your tracker's display, I recommend put it in a bowl of rice and wait 24-48 hours. After this, restart your device. If you keep seeing something weird in your display, please provide me with a photo of it.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Cheers
Tasha
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Tashap73, can you please confirm if the restart procedure worked for you or are you still experiencing issues with your Blaze?

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

i am having the same issue I noticed it after I played a rec league basketball game. I have already played in 4 games just a little over a hour each game for the last month and no problems until now. I immediately put it in some rice once I saw an option if the sweat got in it. But there has to be something that can prevent sweat getting in the blaze while also protecting it!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @DdotReckless, great to see you around.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. I would like to know if you have tried to restart the Blaze? If you haven't, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Also, can you provide me with a picture of the screen by following the instructions in this post?

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I mad I didn't take a picture but this morning I took it out the rice and did a restart and it was working fine. What I believe is the issue is that my sweatband that I was wearing May have absorbed too much sweat and if get in through the face plate on my blaze

Best Answer

Those are great news @DdotReckless, I am glad to hear that your tracker worked properly after taking it out of the rice, you can test your Blaze and if you experience the same issue do not hesitate to post it.

Happy stepping! Robot Happy

Best Answer

For and update I having playing basketball with my blaze on and no problems. I always wear a sweatband over it with the armband loose. That way its not pushing any sweat into my blaze and occasionally I would put a small piece of Plastic wrap around it and the blaze records everything fine witb no problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes