Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server not allowing sleep to be logged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting the error message: The server did not allow that sleep to be logged. I have used the app to start and stop the sleep recording and the last 5 nights I have used it the error message comes up. Any assistance appreciated.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @LunchboxLegend. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems to get your sleep recorded on your Fitbit app 😕

Now, I would recommend that instead of logging your sleep from the app, you let your tracker to record your sleep automatically. You use the Beging Sleep option when you have a tracker that doesn't record sleep as the Fitbit One or the Fitbit Zip or if you don't have any tracker at all, but with the Blaze, it has the capability to record your sleep as long as the heart rate monitor is detecting your heart rate and of course, you're wearing your tracker to sleep.

Now, just in case, to get this fixed, you can log out of the Fitbit app and log back in and see if it stops giving you problems but I'd really recommend using only your tracker instead.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

You would think FitBit would correct their issue by NOT having the option to turn on and off sleep available manually in the software, since it screws up logging. But hey, that would be an additional expense for FitBit. Guess that answers why the issue hasn't yet been addressed at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Michaelll The OP joined, posted once and was never seen again. Didn't even respond to former Fitbit mod Ferdinandfitbit. You're the first user reply in over 3 years. If it hasn't been addressed, I'd say it's likely because it's not that big a deal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you sir. I will return this Inspire 2 and go with a brand that actually cares about customer satisfaction. The search is on.

Best Answer

@Michaelll This is a community forum, not actual support. I always just let my Fitbits determine my sleep. 

You are posting in the Blaze section. The Blaze was retired over three years ago and it's pretty slow around here. Maybe you would get better results trying chat support or posting in the Inspire 2 section. 

Best Answer
0 Votes