Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing active mins and calories over night when not worn

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

5 times now, with no pattern, I have data on my fit bit that I should not be there.

I do not wear my fitbit at night and I have woken today with 1500 calories burned and 90mins of exercise, with no steps, floors claimed or KM logged.

this has happened 5 times now and the data is always different  and it happens if I leave my fitbit on or off.

it is always left in the same place and no amount of restarting sorts this.

I have seen other posts about 3rd party apps but I do not have any.

please advise this is incredibly frustrating as it is then difficult to works out my calories and exercise for the day and provides and inaccurate week log.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums @Aimsly1512! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with these calories and active minutes showing up during the night while you're not wearing your tracker. That doesn't sound any right at all.

I was about to suggest to change the settings on your tracker to put the heart rate monitor to Auto.  This way if you put your tracker aside, the monitor will stop working and it should not register any activity related to calories and therefore, shouldn't track any active minutes as those two things are closely related.

I would then suggest setting up your tracker as a new device. It could be that something is not configured right and setting it up as a new device could help. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Keep an eye on it for the next nights and see if this makes any difference. Let me know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes