Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skate boarding distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see in the fitbit ad on TV a skateboarder, but I find no way to track skating at all.....

I have the fitbit blaze. Has anyone found a way to track skateboarding?????

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hey there @boarding. Good to see you in the Forums. Welcome aboard! 🙂

From the exercise shortcuts, skateboarding is not a direct option so you will not be able to track it as "Skateboarding" per se.

What you can do in this situation is to have "Workout" as one of your shortcuts and since this will be a generic category, once you're done recording it, you can go from your online dashboard to the activity log page and from here you can categorize the workout session as skateboarding which is available in the activities list. Do the same from your mobile device if you use the Fitbit app. Go to the "Track Exercise" tile and choose the workout session and it should give you the option to categorize it.

Hope this helps and if you need more help, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I would actually suggest that instead of the workout feature you use the running feature which connects to your phone's gps to track your route.  If you aren't interested in tracking mileage then the basic 'workout' tracker will track your heartrate and calories burned.  

Best Answer

That's a pretty good solution as well @Rabn. Thanks for sharing and great to see you around! 🙂

Best Answer
What about cycling? Would that setting be better than running?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that would also work @Dmsetzer. It would be matter of trying different categories and see which one reflects your activity more accurately.

Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

Best Answer

Tried putting under biking and im not sure if it messes with the calorie counter but it seemed a bit high. 133 min of longboarding around the city and burned 1000+ calories and it was no intense workout, just cruising 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I use endomondo synchronized with my fit bit to log my longboard sessions. It sends to track better. Fit bit does not track well for any type of skating.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Luke2121, I hadn't thought it like that. Since when you're biking, your effort is bigger, the algorithm might be designed to record more calories for the type of activity it is. I'd say then that Workout would be the best option to use for this.

@boarding, that's a great suggestion! Has it worked fine for you?

Good to see you both in the forums!

Best Answer

do you think one day this will be a clickable option on my Fitbit? I feel like people skateboard more than pilates. Not trying to diss pilates but I'm just speaking for the majority.

Best Answer