Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages Stopped Working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got the new firmware update and my Blaze recorded 6 nights of sleep stages. Then this morning when I checked it had reverted back to the old style sleep tracking of Asleep, Restless, Awake.

I see others are having this same issue. What's up? Where did Sleep Stages go, when will they come back?

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

The sleep stages only work for me if I do not click "begin sleep now" if I do then it reverts back to the old tracking method, I tried this out this past night and it worked so anyone having problems with it try not clicking "begin sleep now" try just falling asleep. It's pretty accurate with when I started my sleep too, was only a minute off.

Best Answer

Sleep stages worked for 2 nights, than stopped working.   I never use "begin Sleep Now", I didn't even know it existed and therefore don't think it is the reason why I am not getting sleep stage data anymore.

Best Answer

My FitBit Blaze stopped tracking sleep stages when I replaced the wristband with a 3rd party stainless steel wristband. Went back to the original wristband last night and sleep stages tracking is working again!

Best Answer

Hi there guys @chgodavid @pvbarrett @r94m86j69 @PeterC95! Great to see you all in the Community Forums! 🙂

If you're having problems with Sleep Stages, there are some factors that could affect how your tracker records your time asleep and therefore, how Sleep Stages appear.

Take a look at these tips on how it works for you to keep in mind:

You will see a sleep pattern instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely on your wrist
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours
  • If your tracker’s battery is critically low
  • If you start your sleep log from the app with the "Begin Sleep now" option.

Be sure the comply with those requirements and other than that, it should all be working properly.

Now, our  team is aware that it's not fully working for some users at the moment even if they comply with all the requirements. We hope to have this ready as soon as possible.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I have a fitbit blaze and I made sure to comply with each of the specified requirements (full battery, tight band, +7h sleep, no use of "begin sleep now" option

However, the Sleep Stages did not work again last night.

The night before it worked fine while using it in exactly the same way!

Hope I won't lose my sleep over this Smiley Frustrated 

Best Answer

Hi there,

This is happening to me too, so I decided to report it via the help chat to fitbit-I submitted screenshots of the app where it wasnt recording sleep stages for days at a time, and they have told me they will get back to me. will let you know what they said-but you may want to do this too so that they know its a very common problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know if others have a similar problem, but I had purchased and used
a 3rd-party wristband for 2 days.

Once I went back to using the original, Fitbit wristband my Blaze started
recording sleep stages again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed this as well.  I read on some of the forums that if the battery is low it will revert back to the old sleep pattern so I fully charged my blaze and went to sleep and woke up with the sleep stages.   I believe there might be a blip or bug in the software.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last firmware update, my blaze has stopped tracking sleep

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these apply and I have the same problem. This is my fourth Fitbit and the tech seems very poor.  Had Blaze for 3 days. First 2 days I had the sleep stages data but now it's stopped. Help please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bill here

My Blaze tracked my sleep through Sunday June 25. Since then nothing. I am using the Blaze exactly as I always have. No low battery, on my wrist, not too tight or loose. Slept well over 5 hours.

Any ideas

Did a reboot on the tracker. Hope that works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone! Great to see you all in the Forums! 🙂

I was wondering how did it go with the Sleep Stages for your sleep logs. Are you still having problems with this or does it seem to have been fixed?

If you need any help, be sure to let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I rebooted the tracker. It was either that or cleaning the bottom of the tracker. Sleep stages are okay now.

Still don't get my best for a day on the website.

Bill
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well for me I switch my settings to non dominant hand but kept the watch on my dominant hand and it seems to work. I haven't tried changing my wrist settings back to what they were. I will try it tonight and send a report.

Sent from my iPhone 😃🌸🐶
Best Answer
0 Votes

@strider026, I'm glad to hear that it's now working fine! Did the rest appear on the website?

@Butterflywings I'm also glad to hear that it's now working fine for you! Great call on changing the dominant hand setting!  Let me know if you notice something not working as it should!

Anything else you guys may need, I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Miscommunication.

I did not change the dominant hand settings. I rebooted the blaze. Then I cleaned the back of the blaze. Not sure which one did the trick

On the web site I still do not get my best under personal achievements.

I want to change my weekly step goal, but can't find a way.

Bill

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Stryder026

Try opening up your fitbit app. on the top right hand corner there is a symbol with a circle and some lines, tap that.  It will bring you to your account now scroll down to where is says goals and under that is will say activity tap that, there you will see your steps, distance, colories burned, etc tap on steps and then you can change to what you would like as your goal and then sync your fitbit.   Hope that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

That allows me to change my daily goal. Not my weekly.

@Butterflywings wrote:

Hi Stryder026

Try opening up your fitbit app. on the top right hand corner there is a symbol with a circle and some lines, tap that.  It will bring you to your account now scroll down to where is says goals and under that is will say activity tap that, there you will see your steps, distance, colories burned, etc tap on steps and then you can change to what you would like as your goal and then sync your fitbit.   Hope that helps

Best Answer