Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages not working on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my blaze for 18 months now and every so often I would obtain basic sleep stages when I checked my sleep in the morning.  It might happen for two nights in a row.   Right now, it has been 10 nights with basic sleep stages.  I tried tightening my watch.  I’ve tried losening my watch.  I’ve cleaned the back.  Nothing changes the outcome.  Anyone also experiencing a long drought of deep sleep data?  Any fixes?  No issues with the other features ...

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi there @SwimRun. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your sleep stages not showing up correctly on your dashboard 😕 Thanks a lot for the things you've already tried though!

I can probably recommend also trying to restart your tracker and see if this makes any difference. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. Try it out for the next nights and see how it goes!

Let me know if you need any more help.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thanks for the response.

I have tried restarting.  Both with the button and going to the Settings menu and selecting shutdown.  I’ll try it again.  Any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @SwimRun!

Thanks for trying to restart your tracker!

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Are any of the items above something you think might have something to do with it? If so, take it into consideration and see if there's any improvement.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thanks for the response.

I have tried restarting, both with the buttons and using Shutdown in the Settings menu.

Neither has changed the outcome.

Any other ideas?

Best Answer

Hi,

I am also having the same issue for the past 3 weeks, I have only been getting simplified sleep info.

I have also tried all the solutions given, what else can I do?

Best Answer

Hi,

I am also having the same issue for the past 3 weeks, I have only been getting simplified sleep info.

I have also tried all the solutions given, what else can I do?

Thanks

Carol

Best Answer

Well, it worked fine last night.  The only thing that I differently was to restart it multiple times before sleeping.  I have no idea if that was the trick or not.  Like all of you, I’ve tried all of the suggestions.  Can’t wait to see if it works again tonight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, and mine is much newer. Got my Blaze for Christmas. Started wearing right away. Sleep cycles tracked pretty good at first. Through month of January it gave simplified info only 3 times. That's acceptable. First week of February gave simplified info 4 times. Not good. Starting February 9, it has only given me sleep stages 1 night (Feb. 13). I am not doing anything different. Wrist location is the same. I have rebooted it. Not sure what else I can try. Growing quite disappointed in this product. 

Best Answer

I’ve had mine since Valentine’s Day. First night got the advanced sleep. Since then I’ve gotten simplified, until 3 days ago. 3 days ago I started getting nothing. 

Best Answer

I wish I had a magic answer ... mine worked again last night.  I think all of the restarting has helped (I do it a couple of times before bed).   

Best Answer

As I’ve mentioned, I think the restarting was the key.  I restart/reboot twice before I go to bed.  

What’s the “nothing” look like?  Does it take your heart rate when you excerise?  

I’ve always gotten either advanced sleep stages or the simplified output.  One or the other.  Never nothing.

Maybe there is something wrong with your unit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine!

Regarding the issue you are having with your sleep stages, we were experiencing some issues with it but this issue was resolved. I recommend taking a look at this post and make sure you tried the steps provided there. Also, if you can provide with some screenshots of your sleep information by following the steps here would be great.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for the message.

Sleep stages has been working for the past 10 nights.  So things are good right now.  

For the past few days, however, I have been having trouble with notifications.  I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 phone.  Notifications generally work.  But lately, it has been spotty.  Notifications are just not sent to the watch.  It can go all day without a single notification.  But, when I look at my phone, there have been things that should go through (NYTimes alerts, texts, calendar events).  It then restart everything (phone, watch) and sometimes that resets it all to working.  Other times, a text can come in and suddenly all of the missing notification and texts arrive at the watch.  Strange.  As I say, this only appeared in the past few days.  I have also noticed that the Fitbit app does not always keep checked the apps that I allow notifications to go through ... ie something that was checked suddenly becomes unchecked.  I turn on my Amazon Alexa app for notification in the Fitbit app and then check it later and it will be unchecked.  

I noticed that there is a new Android build tonight - so perhaps that will fix things.

Best Answer
0 Votes