Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Tracking Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, fitbit Blaze arrived last week. Set up. Very excited. 

First night tracked sleep well. Showed stages of REM etc.

didn't track fri and sat (realised it was turned off to track!!)

Sunday, tracked 54 mins after midnight, then 1.5 hours at 5am. Shows old sleep pattern of asleep/restless/awake.

Last night, didn't track at all and I had a great nights sleep.

WHY?

I have restarted it this afternoon after realising it wasn't tracking my heart rate at all (poss why sleep wasn't tracked). But not impressed at the switch from the 'new' sleep pattern to old. 

Any reason for this? 

Also, I've seen people say change the sleep sensitivity... where do i do this?!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Victoria_Louise. I'm happy to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with the Sleep Stages not working properly on your tracker 😕

When it comes to the new Sleep Stages, there are some scenarios where you might not see sleep stages forthe night but instread, you will see the old sleep pattern as you mention. These scenarios are the following:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your tracker’s battery is critically low.

Make sure to keep an eye on this each night to ensure that you will get insight on your sleep with Sleep Stages.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes