Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep hours are incorrect showing 15, 14 hours etc

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

dashboard is showing way too many sleep hours, 15 hours,14 hours etc

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It's great to see you around @dellis. Could you please provide me with a screenshot of your sleep information? In the meantime, I recommend checking that your sleep was registered correctly by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. Tap the sleep tile

2. Tap the data you want to check

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also noticed if I take a nap for an hour or so, the App counts it as a day so it totally throws off the weekly average. Say I slept 8 hours Sunday and Monday and took a 1 hour nap Sunday afternoon. Instead of having an 8.5 hour average I have a 5.6 hour average over 3 nights. Please FIX Fitbit!

Best Answer

Yes, if you lay still watching TV at night, it can show you "sleeping" for the 2 or 3 hours you were actually watching TV. You may want to change the sensitivity mode...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is also an issue for me. I often take a long enough nap on days that I don't get enough sleep at night. I also periodically experience more than an hour of being awake in the middle of my sleep cycle. Both of these then throw off the weekly average. I am less concerned about a night that is short, than I am about getting an average across the week that is close to 7 hours. Currently with the average of sleep times instead of sleep per day, the weekly average is useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vgasmen and @Goosse1962 it's great to see you guys around.

Actually, if you go and take a nap in the middle of the day or if you watch TV for more than hour without moving, your tracker will log this as you were sleeping. It is normal since keep in mind that it has the automatically sleep feature. If you don't want this information to be recorded, you can delete this sleep log by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. Tap the sleep tile

2. Tap the information recorded

3. Tap the pencil icon

4. Tap the 3 dots icon

5. Tap Delete log

6. Sync

See you later. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alejandra,

I don't mind that it tracks a nap BUT it should not count it as a day. For instance, if I sleep 8 hours Sunday and Monday night and take a 1 hour nap on Sunday my average should be 8.5 hrs (17/2) but the Fitbit does 5.67 hrs (17/3). That should not happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes