Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages for Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Blaze and the help section states it should show me my sleep stages, for example, light sleep, deep sleep, and REM.  My app and dashboard are not showing me this information.  It is only showing me time asleep, time restless, and time awake.  Where do I go to see my sleep stages?  I have had my Blaze for a year now and it has never shown my sleep stages.

Thank you.

Best Answer
268 REPLIES 268
It is already out for the Blaze.
It began working 3 days ago.
You have to hold down the side button and lower right button at the same time for approximately 10 seconds until the Fitbit Ligo displays on the Screen.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
That did not work for me. In addition, last night it only registered that I
slept 1 hour. Which I can tell you was not the case. So, no stage update,
loss of the ability to see specific times I was restless and awake and now
incorrect sleep times.
Best Answer
I had to reboot mine twice, but it's not retroactive, it won't correct last night.
it will only be set correctly for tonight.
Call (877) 623-4997

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep Stages installed on my Blaze overnight. Interesting concept - what available information does Fitbit use to estimate sleep stages? Arm movement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Paulsjohnson

"Fitbit estimates your sleep stages using a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. When you haven’t moved for about an hour, your tracker assumes that you’re asleep. Additional data—such as the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior (such as rolling over, etc.)—help confirm that you’re asleep. While you’re sleeping, your device tracks the beat-to-beat changes in your heart rate, known as heart rate variability (HRV), which fluctuate as you transition between light sleep, deep sleep, and REM sleep stages. When you sync your tracker in the morning, we use your movement and heart rate patterns to estimate your sleep cycles from the previous night. "

taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2163/

Best Answer
Not sure, but I would assume Heart rate and Arm movement

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

This new sleep stages thing is not working so well.  I did have the new information even though I was not happy with it.  The old style was satisfactory.  But lo and behold, I no longer have the new version or the old version, just a very vague graph with no percentages or time line.  Tells me next to nothing. what is going on

Best Answer
That's my issue. The loss of old functionality. I get hiccups with a new
roll out, but I loss details that were useful. I could identify patterns
based on time. Now it is just this vague graph.
Best Answer

My Blaze is telling me I'm awake for like 30 minutes in the hour before I wake up and that's definitely not true.  It's knocking like 45 minutes a night off of my sleep vs 15 minutes under the old system.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Be sure that once all the updates are finished. Turn off your blaze in settings then turn it back on, after that get a good night's sleep.  Worked for me 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to know, thanks

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, how come there is no breakdown of the stages.  I have a Charge 2.Hello, how come there is no breakdown of the stages. I have a Charge 2.

Hello, how come there is no breakdown of the stages? I have a Charge 2.

Regards, Christopher  

Best Answer

Done, will see what happens tonight. Thanks TroyJ

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had three nights and now back to the other. I was hoping to find some kind of announcement from Fitbit here that they are having issues and had to draw it back. My fit bit app didn't update yesterday so I don't think it was that.

Best Answer

This is available! Just not in the day to day sleep view. Once you click on the sleep icon on your dashboard, you will see a graph at the top. Swipe to the left twice and you will see your sleep stages. Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

It says "no stages". (See attached photo).

I read that this feature is gradually being rolled out and I suspect my data has not been processed yet.

Regards,

Christopher von Mitschke-Collande
Best Answer
0 Votes

I rest my watch once a day for four days, and on the fourth night o had sleep stages again. I've had them for two nights in a row now, so hopefully that's the fix.

Best Answer

Same issue here. Had sleep stages for 4 nights after doing the latest firmware update update, but I woke up this morning and no stages for last night's data. It's back to the old style (minus the details).

Best Answer
I was excited. I had sleep stages finally work on Friday to Saturday night.
But today, Saturday to Sunday back to nothing. Oh well.
Best Answer

I have a blaze, did the update, loved my two nights of sleep stages....now back to the old version of sleep.  Is Fitbit gonna roll out a fix?  I reset, restarted both watch and app....nothing.  Very disappointed😔

Best Answer