Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages for Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Blaze and the help section states it should show me my sleep stages, for example, light sleep, deep sleep, and REM.  My app and dashboard are not showing me this information.  It is only showing me time asleep, time restless, and time awake.  Where do I go to see my sleep stages?  I have had my Blaze for a year now and it has never shown my sleep stages.

Thank you.

Best Answer
268 REPLIES 268

Hi FerdinandFitbit

I don't think the tracker actually works properly yet.  I is tracking my sleep and heart rate all night yet I have "no sleep stages" charted.

If that is really your sleep data, you are right although I'm not a doctor I can tell you with fair certainty that you need to focus on your sleep or it will affect your health more than being inactive.  Also the day after yesterday is today..... get some sleep!

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and share your feedback!

It sounds like for some users, Sleep Stages stopped working over the weekend but it was not a general issue. I'm not sure what could have caused this to happen but it sounds like it's back for most of the ones experiencing the problem. It seems to keep working in my case so I'd love if you guys could let me know how it's going for you.

@BlasingUser, thanks, I know... lots to do everyday and when I have not much to do, bam! Insomnia haha but I'll try to be more careful about that so it doesn't affect me in the long term, thanks for caring!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed - for most users it seemed to be a weekend issue because it seems to be back to normal now.  I don't think airplane mode had anything to do with it because last week I was putting my phone in airplane mode and sleep stages was working fine - but just for the heck of it I'm going to set everything the same as I did last week and see if it works tonight. 

Had my first major glitch in 8 months of ownership with my Blaze this morning - I had powered it down, and when I turned it back on the screen was completely black yet I could tell it was operational because the heart rate lights were flashing. It took me 3 resets using the left and right side buttons to get it working again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you around @RatedE!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback and about the glitch you experienced, I'm gald you got your tracker to work again but please keep an eye on it and see how it works for the next few days. If you notice that happening again or any other strange thing, be sure to let us know!

Best Answer

Is sleep stages supposed to work with the charge hr as well as I still have the original sleep pattern.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this released or no?  I don't see this on my blaze.  Please advise

Best Answer
0 Votes
There are steps within this forum for updating your fitbit

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Great to see you around @HondaCR-V!

This is not available for the Charge HR as of right now. At the moment, it's working for the Fitbit Charge 2, Fitbit Alta HR and Fitbit Blaze. Other trackers with sleep autodetection as the Charge HR will show the regular old sleep patterns.

@danakhaley, good to see you around too! It should be working on your Blaze, now, you will not see this directly on your tracker. Make sure you've updated both your Blaze and your Fitbit app and try it out and see if it shows after that. If your app is up to date and your tracker has the latest version, there might be something going on... Can you please confirm if both your app and your tracker have been updated to the latest versions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It says that for me too. But I know that I have been in REM because I have
had dreams the past couple of nights.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Where?

Regards,

Christopher von Mitschke-Collande
Best Answer
0 Votes

mines been logging the new in depth sleep stages but last night it reverted back to basic sleep logging. See attached? Not sure what went wrong?

any ideas?wp_ss_20170405_0001.png

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Great to see you around @RatedE!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback and about the glitch you experienced, I'm gald you got your tracker to work again but please keep an eye on it and see how it works for the next few days. If you notice that happening again or any other strange thing, be sure to let us know!

Well it didn't work for me overnight, and I've latest app and blaze versions.  Can you confirm if this has been referred to tech for investigation - and also possibly take the 'solved' marker off the thread, it clearly isn't!

Or is there a way of reverting the device back to complete factory settings and then reinstalling the update???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issue as gtazy.  I don't know why it reverted back.  I was really enjoying the advanced sleep tracking. 

Best Answer

I had the same happen last night, been tracking the new sleep stages fine for 3 nights then last night back to the old format. I'm guessing it's more a backend server issue with Fitbit as this doesn't seem to be an isolated issue.

Best Answer

Exact same issue as gtazy.  I don't know why it reverted back.

Fitbit Blaze stages worked fine before since it was relased, tried restart of tracker and phone.

Best Answer
Sleep pattern was the new one yesterday and today it has switched back to the old one again!!. There is clearly some type of glitch here. Anyone now how this gets resolved? I'm. It even sure where to accurately report it since this is only day 5 with my Blaze. Every other day with the sleep pattern info I was specifically looking for when I purchased it isn't making me happy with the money I spent.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I was seeing my sleep stages for about 1 week.  The last two nights, they are not showing up.  Is there a fix for this?

Best Answer

Hi! I have enjoyed the new Sleep Stages feature for approx the last two weeks. Last night, it reverted back to the old basic "asleep, restless, awake".  How do I get Sleep Stages back? 

Thanjs for your time! 

Best Answer
Mine didn't work either but I may have caused it myself. I'm going to reboot, then turn it on n off, make sure heart rate monitor is On and not on Auto.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2. My Sleep Stages worked for 8 nights, but then didn't work last night. I didn't do anything different except that my iPhone was in another room last night—it is usually on my nightstand. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'm working through insomnia and this is the most important feature of my Charge 2. I see that many people have been having issues with Sleep Stages. I hope Fitbit will fix this issue ASAP.

Best Answer
0 Votes