Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages for Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Blaze and the help section states it should show me my sleep stages, for example, light sleep, deep sleep, and REM.  My app and dashboard are not showing me this information.  It is only showing me time asleep, time restless, and time awake.  Where do I go to see my sleep stages?  I have had my Blaze for a year now and it has never shown my sleep stages.

Thank you.

Best Answer
268 REPLIES 268

Sleep stages didn't work last night. My settings were: heart rate on, all day sync off, wrist strap not loose, phone in airplane mode. 

Tonight I will try it with all day sync on and phone not in airplane mode (but in 'do not disturb mode' so as to not get woken up by emails) and we'll see what happens. 

Although I'm thinking it might have something to do with what another user said about it being an issue with Fitbit's servers - not my actual Blaze.....

Best Answer

My wife and I both have Charge 2s. Her sleep stages has been working for a week, but didn't work last night. Stages has never worked on mine. What's the problem??

Best Answer
My husbands Charge 2 isn't calculating the sleep stages either. It's the old version. It's brand new updated to he current version. So the Blaze and Charge two I purchased I. Friday aren't getting correct sleep data. Frustrating. It seems the issue is not being taken seriously by Fitbit. It's clearly not isolated.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Good morning. I updated my Fitbit last week and have had seven full days of sleep stages and then last night it reverted back to the previous tracking of sleep. This is frustrating. Why would it work for a full week and then stop?

Best Answer

My Blaze showed the regular sleep details for last night as well, vs the upgraded sleep stages it had been featuring since the update last week.  Which, quite honestly, was refreshing. The new stages give me the sense that I'm not sleeping well whereas the previous version showed nice stretches of dark blue when I was just, well, asleep. Good idea FitBit. Perhaps updates will improve its performance, etc.

Best Answer

Same here.  I had sleep stages or the last 2 weeks on my Blaze, and last night it reverted back to the old method.  This is NOT solved.

My battery was not low, it was not too tight or too lose, and auto sync is off...I have NEVER used that, and cannot see how that possibly would affect this. 

I also still cannot use Community with my regular account, I still can't login and get the red redirect error message every time.  Have an ongoing email with support, but its not getting anywhere.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me, got it back for two days and then lost it again last night; thought it may have been a bluetooth syncing issue, but trying to first sync with the usb cradle again this morning ended up reverting to the old sleep-pattern system. Battery was half-full at the time of sync, so that wasn't the issue unless it's not reading battery levels properly; will investigate interday heartrate data again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and share your feedback!

It sounds like for some users, Sleep Stages stopped working over the weekend but it was not a general issue. I'm not sure what could have caused this to happen but it sounds like it's back for most of the ones experiencing the problem. It seems to keep working in my case so I'd love if you guys could let me know how it's going for you.

I really like the new sleep stages.  For me it started working last week with my fitbit blaze and tracked the sleep stages for 7 nights straight.  Then Sunday night it stopped working and reverted to the old sleep tracking.  Restarted the blaze, uninstalled the fitbit program, rebooted the phone, reinstalled the fitbit program yesterday - last night, still no detailed sleep tracking.  so for me 7 days on, 2 days (and counting) off.  Should I call it in to fitbit support or do they know there is a widespread issue and are working to solve it?

Thank you,

Michael

Best Answer

My wife and I both have Blaze's and we'd been getting the sleep stages ever since we upgraded to the latest firmware.  Then last night we both didn't get sleep stages.   Must be something on the server side because we didn't update our apps.  

Hopefully they'll fix this soon... it is a cool feature.  Don't know how accurate it is, though....

Best Answer

I have really liked the new sleep stages feature and it has been working fine for the last 6 days. But for some reason mine also reverted back to the original sleep pattern info as the original version. I hope this is resolved soon. 

Best Answer

My Blaze had sleep stages for 3 days, then revered back to old method. What can I do to get sleep stages back?

Best Answer

Please report to Fitbit if not this will not be solved !!!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

Same here.  Has worked consistently all week and then not last night.  Glad to see I'm not alone, and I hope they resolve this issue.

Best Answer

My sleep stages disappeared last night, too!  What's up with that??

Best Answer

XperiaZ5 wrote:

Please report to Fitbit if not this will not be solved !!!

@SilqueFit wrote:

My sleep stages disappeared last night, too!  What's up with that??

I reported it.  We'll see what they say.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

Widespread issue, but complain anyways so they GET ON IT!

ive never had stages. 

Go to bed each night hoping for them...

Best Answer

There is two issues, one is that this new sleep stages SW is not roll-out to all at the same time, the other

is a bug that for those that had this new stages working it's suddently just dissapered. Sorry for bad English.

Best Answer

Mine randomly did the stages for about 4 days, then went back to the old way and I don't know how to get it back...

Best Answer

I had it for about 4 days and it switched back to the old style. Happened to my wife too

Best Answer

This is the relevant tweet from FitbitSupportIMG_2996.PNG

Best Answer