Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a blaze.  It recently switched over to sleep stages.  In the old format, I was averaging 4 hours of sleep a night.  Now, with the sleep stages, I am averaging 7 1/2.  How is it possible to be so different?  I have not changed my sleep patterns, and I certainly don't feel like I am getting more sleep, especially not 7 1/2 hours worth.  What causes this difference?  Is there a way to switch back?  I feel like the old way was more accurate.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hmmm... This sounds tricky @Magsteps. I'm not sure if changing from the old sleep pattern to the Sleep Stages format would make a difference in this. I would say that upon waking up, it's very important for you to move/walk to ensure that your tracker will acknowledge you're awake and for it to log that as the end of your sleep.

Here are some suggestions that you can take into consideration to make sure your sleep will be recorded appropriately:

-Be sure that when you wake up, you walk around a bit or move your hands for your tracker to know that you're no longer sleeping.

-Just in case, it would be a good call to restart your tracker to ensure it is working properly. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Try this out and let me know if you still need more help or if you notice this to still happen often.

Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems to be tracking my wake-up times accurately.  It is sometimes off by a couple of minutes, but not much.  The sleep times are off.  It typically shows me falling asleep as soon as I get into bed at night, when in reality, I usually lie there for at least 30 minutes before falling asleep.  It has always done that, though, even before it switched over to the new sleep stages.  I just don't know how the times can be so much different now that it has switched over to sleep stages.  Is there a way to go back to the old method?  That seemed to be more accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Magsteps! 🙂

At the moment, unfortunately, there's no way to go back to the old sleep log system. Now, to answer your question of your tracker registering your falling asleep as soon as you're in bed, your tracker records your sleep based on autodetection. Autodetection is based on your movement. When you haven’t moved for about an hour, your tracker assumes that you’re asleep. Additional data—such as the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior (such as rolling over, etc.)—help confirm that you’re asleep.

If you’re not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it’s possible for your tracker to falsely record sleep, in which case you can delete the sleep log from your history.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have more questions! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes