Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slim band with gold plated frame

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I'm interested in purchasing the black slim band with gold plated frame! I wear my Fitbit basically all day. At the gym, work, home and sleeping. I'm not the most  graceful person and tend to accidentally hit/bump my Fitbit blaze watch on things usually at work or the gym! My regular frame has some scratches on it from wear and tear. I'm wondering if anyone that has the gold plated frame, can tell me if when it gets scratched, does the gold plate come off and the silver stainless steel shows through? I don't really want to purchase it if when I get scratched it shows majorly! I'm just worried that I will spend the money on it and it isn't worth it! Thank you for your input

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @Cjt0385, I have the slim band with the gold plated frame.  I have to look very hard to see any marks on it, and I think it looks very nice. However, I have only had it since February.

If you are in the US, it is on sale right now.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply! With the scratches, does the silver from underneath the gold plate  show at all? I'm just worried that I'll spend the money and if it gets scratched, it will be very noticeable. I work with animals so I'm very hands on! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cjt0385, I have only had mine since February, as I said, and I really only had tiny scratches, but I definitely cannot see any signs of the metal under the plate showing through.

The gold plate is not at all shiny, which may help. It is very matte and an understated gold colour. I think that would help to hide any flaws. I don't see it being a problem, but it is fairly early days.

The accessories have the same warranty policy as the tracker, so I am guessing if the metal underneath really was showing through in less than a year, making it unslightly, you would be able to make a claim on the grounds that this is an everyday wear device that should be robust enough to last its warranty period. Obviously you don't want to take an electric saw or metal file to it, but it looks pretty robust to me.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for all your help, Julia! I'm gonna purchase it tonight 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes