Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Machine, Rowing, Stationary Bike, BPM

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have used the stair machine at the gym and the fitbit does not recognize that I am doing floors of stairs and my bpm is off. Also I have had issues when riding a stationary bike where the fitbit does not recognize distance. Has anybody had any of these problems and if so what was done to correct?

For the exercise feature can additional exercises be added like the stairs or rowing?

Is there a way to set up a target range for BPM and to notified if too low or too high? I want to be able to stay in the fat burning zone while doing cardio.

I have a fitbit blaze

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

The Blaze tracks floors by detecting changes in air pressure as you gain elevation. As you don't actually gain elevation on a stair machine you don't get any floors.

Fitbits measure distance by multiplying your step count by your stride length. Problem is that you don't take steps when cycling.

Setting up the alerts for BPM is currently not possible.

Best Answer

Are there other fitbits that are able to handle the type of options I questioned about?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@eric916 wrote:

Are there other fitbits that are able to handle the type of options I questioned about?

@eric916 no.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still happy with my purchase and intend to keep my fitbit blaze; however I am disappointed that equipment that is in every gym is not compatible or given a feature in the exercise area like stair machine, rowing machine, stationary bike and the ability to notify when your heart rate is not in a particular zone. Hopefully in the future of fitbits they will find a way to incorporate these items.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been disappointed with all recent Fitbits, the HRM doesn't broadcast to gym equipment, only to my phone's Fitbit app. So instead of just looking at stationary bike or rowing machine display to see my HR, I have to look at wrist. And there were accuracy issues - I train hard using intervals at 80-100% HR with very narrow HR zone targets. So I stopped using Surge/Blaze and went back to chest strap. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the Blaze can not recognize steps taken on stairclimber, why offer that setting?

Ditto for the Stationary bike?

Ditto Yoga. 

I'm pretty disappointed that these exercises are visible but not seemingly without purpose. Any ideas or suggested work-arounds or are the exercise options essentially window decoration?

Best Answer