Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps from yesterday carried over to today

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On numerous occasions when I start up my blaze in the morning and it syncs with my iphone, all the data from the previous day shows up for that day.  For example, I had 17570 steps yesterday and turned off my blaze before going to bed.  In the morning I turn on the blaze and sync with my iphone to get the correct time and all the steps, activity, stairs, calories show up from yesterday vice zero.  Any way to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @FlyEagles. Good to see you in the Community Forums!

There are two things I'd like to mention here. The first one, is that this is how the Blaze works at the moment. If you turn off your Blaze or the battery runs out, whenever you put it to charge and it turns back on, it will pick up from the time it went off. You need to sync your tracker to your app to make sure it will pick up the correct time.

Now, also, for last night, we're aware that this happened as a general issue. We are currently unable to retroactively fix/delete the steps that were accumulated. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but I can assure you that our team is working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

If you need more help, let me know. I'll be happy to assist! 🙂 Thank you so much for your patience!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had so much trouble with my Fitbit, it is really disappointing.  Anyway, I have synced my Blaze to the app about five times today and it still will not update.  The date is correct but all the data is from yesterday.  I"ve turned my phone off and then back on.  I've shutdown the Blaze and then synced again and nothing.  I've deleted the app and re-installed and still the same data is there from yesterday on my Blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Beckypofk. Welcome to the Community Forums!

As I said on my post above, we're aware of this situation and at the moment, it seems that the steps that carried over to yesterday will remain there unfortunately. However, your tracker should not do the same for today and it should stop tracking at 11:59 pm last night and start tracking all the information for the new day starting at 12:00 am today so those steps shouldn't create such an impact on your overall stats.

Thank you so much for understanding and if you need more help with this, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Is that happening again today? My Blaze is about 3 weeks old and sometimes it shows the steps from yesterday but I'm able to correct it once I sync again. However, today, it hasn't worked. I just woke up and have 125 steps when I look at the detail. But my blaze and the screen on my phone shows 7000+ steps, clearly from yesterday. How do I correct it? I've tried to restart my blaze too. Please help. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AngelEchev. Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

This hasn't been reported to happen ever since except in isolated cases as in yours. Since you've already tried to restart your tracker and it hasn't worked, I can suggest setting up your tracker as a new device and see if this makes any difference. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Keep an eye on it for the next days and let me know if this continues to happen. If you need anything else, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me as well yesterday (May 22nd figures carried into May 23rd all day). I did everything but setup as a new device and today the numbers are cleared. This does happen randomly. A bit frustrating but not a huge deal for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @FredFornicola. Good to see you in the Community Forums!

I'm sorry you also experienced this problem but thanks for following the suggestions. Please keep an eye on it and let me know if this gets to happen again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After not experiencing this since April.  It just happened again.  

Not it a big deal, but just thought I would let everyone know in case this is being tracked as a bug fix or something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @FlyEagles.

I'm sorry this happened again but thanks a lot for bringing it up. Please keep an eye on it for the next days and let me know if this happens again. Also, make sure you sync your tracker every time it goes off either because the battery dies or if you turn it off manually, when you turn it back on, make sure to sync it.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is doing the same thing. All the stats from yesterday carried over to today. I've reset it, turned off the phone, disconnected Bluetooth and it stays the same

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried too many sequences to remember exactly but I think you need to power off your phone then power back up THEN restart the Blaze. Go to the dashboard on your phone and sync. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me today. Same thing and its not resetting. I did all the troubleshooting as well. Do i need to add my blaze as a new device or wait and see what happens to it tomorrow? Also i logged on to my dashboard and the tile where the steps are recorded is not functioning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes