Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stops during runs, 'check Fitbit app', doesn't show splits of previous runs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear all,

I almost have my Fitbit Blaze for a year now, and the device still hasn't convinced me really, because of several issues that keep popping up.

1. When I wan't to start a run, I activate Bluetooth on my Phone and go to Exercise - Run. More often than not, I get the following message 'Check Fitbit app'. When I open up the app, there's 2 possibilities: either my Fitbit syncs with my Phone and I can't start my run, or the device can't find my Phone. When I shutdown my watch and restart it, this usually does the trick. But it's kinda frustrating I need to go through a certain routine before I can start my exercise.

2. Sometimes my Fitbit stops tracking during runs. I've read somewhere that this could be because of a loss of connection between my Phone and my watch. This seems weird, because I wear my Phone on the same arm as my watch.

3. I can't see my split kilometres of previous runs on my app. It only shows "??:??" despite the horizontal line indicating the relative splits per kilometre.

I'm desperate for solutions for my 3 main issues with the device. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Both my iPhone and my Fitbit Blaze are updated to the latest versions of their software.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I have been having this issue for a while now too...the "Check Fitbit App" error anyway.  I what did to get it to work the first time was to unpair the watch with your phone and then re-pair it.  That would allow for me to at least get it working for that one time.  When it happened later that same day, I did the same thing, but then I did two other things.  First was I actually shutdown the watch entirely, not just reset it.  Go to the Settings page on the watch and scroll to the bottom for Shutdown.  Allow the watch to completely shutdown.  Then I power cycled my phone.  Once the phone was back up, I turned the watch back on.  Every since it seems to be working.  Granted it has only been a day, but I was preforming the unpair/re-pair process every time I wanted to track a bike ride, hike, run...just about anything.  So we will see if it still continues to work tomorrow, but so far today has been fine.

As for the stop tracking, I have found that when I run, depending on where the watch is, you can actually hit the side buttons with the skin that folds up when bending your wrist.  To help with that I wear the watch about 3 inches up from my wrist and make it as tight as possible without it actually hurting.  That tends to prevent me from hitting the buttons.  I have also found that it does a better job of tracking my heartrate when I wear it like that as well.

Hope these tips help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes