Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange artefact on blaze screen border

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had the Blaze less than 24 hours, works fantastically, however, on the left hand border there is this red square you can see when it's held in certain angles? Is this a defect or a sensor or something? Should I be sending this back as it's quite annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Just so you can see.  Given that's its a square I thought it may be a sensor.

IMG_0484.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
The only advice i could give is Http://contact.fitbit.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm fairly certain thats the a sensor on there similar to the ones on phones that detect light so the auto-brightness feature can work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If that is the case then thats fine, I couldn't see anything in the product manual though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't worry @sjwhite26, it's on mine too 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
Don't worry @sjwhite26, it's on mine too 🙂

Thanks, I thought it was damaged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks all. 

However, quite disappointed that customer service has suggested a restart of the device to see if that fixes it.  Given that it is on the border and nothing is wrong with the functionality I am amazed that I am being asked to restart.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nevermind lol, I initially didnt' see it on the face, using zone right now, but it does show up slightly at the right angle,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe its a camera so they can spy on us!  😉

Best Answer

@sjwhite26 wrote:

Thanks all. 

However, quite disappointed that customer service has suggested a restart of the device to see if that fixes it.  Given that it is on the border and nothing is wrong with the functionality I am amazed that I am being asked to restart.

Possible due to the way you described it to them. A restart might clear a stuck pixel, which is probably what they thought you were describing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
True, which is why I provided a picture via email and it is from that picture they suggested a restart.
Best Answer
0 Votes