Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with new Samsung S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze will not sync with my new phone. The Samsung S8 or S8+ are not on the list of compatible devices.  I know it's a new a new phone but this needs addressed ASAP.  Lots of people rely on these notifications. Please work on this issue. 

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Thanks for that advice! Worked 100% perfectly. You have to click "replace device". 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i totally agree.. I can't get mine to work either

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have done this uninstalled everything, reinstalled and still not working

Best Answer

I also can't pair my fitbit to my new samsung s8+. 

Best Answer

My works perfect on s8+ text and all here the long process I took worth a try.

Installed all set all notifications as if it should work.

Check your phone bluetooth is it connected Probably not.

Turn on classic bluetooth on fit bit. Connect as any other bluetooth.this should sync no problem 

Then do a couple searches till blaze(no  classic shows on list)

Try to connect and fail with various error messages keep trying reboot phone try some more reboot watch try some more.  Give up for a couple hours but keep your watch on. After a few hours try again and fail. Give up again. 

Wait couple hours 

Put phone on vibrate cause u have a meeting.

Poof in the meeting everything starts working as it should . Bluetooth shows connected to both devices

Now works perfect.

Didn't say it made sense but it now works

Oh and many times during the process I **ahem**ed on Twitter about it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I unlinked my Blaze from the Bluetooth list so that all I have connected is Blaze Classic instead of both Classic and Blaze, turned the phone on vibrate and had a friend text me and call me.  Now everything is working fine!  I can control music AND get calls and texts on my Blaze.  I am not sure why it worked but it did!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Now if you look at bluetooth are both connected cause that's what happens with mine

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. But Classic is set as my input device. Everything is still in working order.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is now working... don't know what made it work.. I pretty much gave up trying to sync it and all of a sudden I started getting texts coming through. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

and now it has quit syncing...

Best Answer

Just received my Blaze today and I'm also having a difficult time getting notifications...Shows on their website that it is a compatible phone.

Best Answer

mine synced for about a week and now has quit.. very disappointing

Best Answer

Same thing here.  I wish FitBit would get it together....

Best Answer

I can't get my new Blaze to sync or pair (except to Blaze Classic).  I have to shutdown my Blaze every time to get it to sync. I just spent an hour on the phone with a guy named Raul? and he had no clue on any questions I had.  He did tell me that the Galaxy S8+ was still not listed as a compatible device, but I show it IS a compatible device.  Now, I need to know how to get this thing to work.  I would like it to sync when I open the app like my HR did AND I'd like the notifications to work.  Do I have to put it in my smart lock as a trusted device? I can only get the classic to pair on my Bluetooth, so I can't add the "blaze" as a trusted device.

Best Answer

this is really upsetting

notifications with the Samsung s8 just don't work

I bought the blaze and am thinking of returning it

paired it with the iPhone and it works fine

there is no roadmap with android ?

and the device on Bluetooth has 2 personas - classic and blaze - confusing

guess I will just get my money back.

tech support was no help

Best Answer

Just got my fitbit yesterday, I'm having the exact same problems.I hope they issues get resolved or else it will be getting returned. Very disappointed so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sam0255, im not sure what you mean by no roadmap for Android?

As your user manual points out, tye Classic is strickly used for music control on Android and windows phones. With ios music is controlled through the BTLE.

Since it sounds like your tracker was setup through ios, i suggest that you do a replace function on the Android phone as @RosyLemons suggests.

You will need to have the Bluetooth in your ios device turned off, if it is within 30 feet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your fit bit app on your phone and click the watch in the top right corner. You have to enable your notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your fit bit app and click on the watch in the top right corner of the app. That takes you to settings click notification and enable them

Best Answer
0 Votes

My s8 doesn't have smart lock. 

Best Answer
0 Votes