Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking miles with Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am new to Fitbit, just got my Blaze.  The fitbit does not seem to be matching my run distance.  Yesterday, ran 6 miles, but it only tracked it as 5 miles.  I don't expect it to be exact, but that is a significant difference.  Anyone else have this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9
Yes, I had this issue today. I too just recently purchased a Blaze. It tracks & records everything except for miles. So, I'm looking for solutions
Best Answer
0 Votes
You can go into you account settings and change your stride and this will help it more accurately determine the distance. https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-measure-and-adjust-my-stride-length
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Irongirl where you tracking with or without the GPS?
I'd you where without the connected gps then as @Kait5991 stated you'll need to set both your running and walking strife

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to do this , but it doesn't make sense.  What would be an example of stride length?  It asks for feet/inches, but when I tried to calculate, it was 6.6.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Walk a known distance, take your step count off of the Blaze. Go to https://www.walkingwithattitude.com/fitness-tools/stride-length and out the numbers in. It will give you the stride.

Now the question still I would like to know, where you using connected GPS, if so the stride was not the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, not connected to a gps, I was running on the treadmill.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, not using a gps, I was running on the treadmill.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Kait5991. My stride is the exactly the same as it was with my Surge. Again today my Surge accurately recorded my miles which was 3.83. The blaze recorded 0.18 miles. The Blaze isn't accurately recording the miles. I am looking for a solution. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you set the stride up while running on the treadmill while running at the same speed. As the speed of the rim changes, so does the stride, if holding onto the bars you may lose steps.

Of course the stride is the same, the stride seeing is assigned to the user, not the tracker, the user hasn't changed much yet. You will find that overtime as your heart gets healthier you might have to adjust the stride.

Best Answer