Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Blackberry Passport and Blaze ...

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

has anyone got notifications working with blackberrys Passport and Blaze.. i got it to sync and music volume control works .. but notifications don't seem to be forwarded to my Blaze ... any help would be greatly appriciated .. pat

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey all! Blackberry phones aren't on the supported devices list, so we wouldn't expect full functionality with those devices. 

Thanks for your feedback, however. We're always looking to expand our ecosystem, especially with compatibility. 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

how did you get it to work with the passport? my fitbit app keeps saying update software

Best Answer

I got that also ... however I deleted the old version I had for my charge HR and reinstalled a new one from the AMAZON Appstore . and then it just started working ... oat

Patrick G. Morassutti

Moderator edit: Personal information removed

Best Answer

Hello did you delete the amazon app from the passport or charge hour from the app? 

I have the amazon app on my passport already.  

Moderator edit: format
Best Answer

Hey all! Blackberry phones aren't on the supported devices list, so we wouldn't expect full functionality with those devices. 

Thanks for your feedback, however. We're always looking to expand our ecosystem, especially with compatibility. 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

Best Answer

‎Yet it is the same fitbit app and it works on the blackberry phone for a few years now. And a blackberry runs android apps. 

Best Answer
@EmersonFitbit - FWIW: BB10 uses an Android runtime that allows it to run Android applications. In this case, the guys on BB are using the Android Fitbit app. that's found on the Amazon App Store. With that said, the Android runtime on BB is rather flakey and I'd contend that some of the Android Fitbit features still may not work properly or consistently.
Best Answer

@Gshock Ah, thanks for the heads up! I hadn't know that. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never had an issue with the app until The Blaze!

Best Answer
@dbrks5 - there is probably a good chance the Fitbit app was updated to include the Blaze for syncing, hence its probably not the 'same' version you were running the for prior years. Assuming that's the case, Fitbit may have optimized the Fitbit app w a newer version of Android and being that you are using BB10; that version of Android runtime is probably an older version and less optimal to use. If Fitbit starts requiring a newer version of Android, you guys maybe SOL since BB10 development is all but near nonexistent.
Best Answer

‎The Blaze is not even on the Windows 10 app so the BB10 system is about as good as it gets. If that's all your phone does is unsecure apps. Or mobile device. I will stick with the Charge as it updates fine and has the updated files needed. 

Best Answer
Good point @dbrks5. I've just looked at the Windows 10 mobile app and the Blaze is missing. Hopefully there will be an update (very) soon, as my Blaze is on its way to me.
Best Answer

I've heard from our Windows expert (@RickyFitbit) that uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows 10 app will add Blaze to the setup list.

Best Answer

So to the guy who installed the blaze on his passport what exactly did you do with the app when reinstalled. Did you go to replace charge or add device in the application? 

Dying to know don't want to return blaze unless I have to.

Best Answer

Thanks @EmersonFitbit top tip, that did it.

Best Answer

Has anyone gotten their Blackberry to sync with their Blaze? 

(1) What App did you use? The Amazon App or did you sideload an APK? 

(2) What did you need to do with the Amazon App? Mine is asking me to "Update the Application to Continue," unfortunately, the last Amazon App Store update was in September of 2015.

I am using a Leap and Amazon Version 2.12.2

I do not want to return my Blaze, but there has been no support from FitBit, only that "Blackberries are not a compatable device and that they are endeavouring to expand their ecosystem," which is not helpful. 

Best Answer

Currently Fitbit supports iOS, Android and Windows Phones.

There's no fitbit app for Blackberry Phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah but @SunsetRunner there is a Blackberry that runs Android. 🙂
Best Answer

Incorrect. Blackberries can run Android Apps which are downloaded from the Amazon App Store.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Currently Fitbit supports iOS, Android and Windows Phones.

There's no fitbit app for Blackberry Phones.

Best Answer
@cBoston - The fact that BB10 can run some Android apps does not mean Fitbit supports BB10 or Android runtime. If the Android instructions don't work then you really need to try somethings on your own such as downloading the latest BB10 OS and runtime and try patching the official Google Play Fitbit app. I don't see why you would expect Fitbit to try to research and support BB10 which is barely being supported BB.
Best Answer
0 Votes