Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Blackberry Passport and Blaze ...

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

has anyone got notifications working with blackberrys Passport and Blaze.. i got it to sync and music volume control works .. but notifications don't seem to be forwarded to my Blaze ... any help would be greatly appriciated .. pat

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

‎To reach all their fitbit customers. Bet you were a kid when all RIM devices ran high rise buildings. Now QNX basically is in every car and other technology. 

Which is BB. 
Now BlackBerry made the Priv that runs all android. Probably just for fun to show they can secure anything or any device. They do it better than ijoke or samdung.
 Darn their phones have stainless steel frames and gorilla glass on them and still cost less than ijoke or samdung.

Moderator edit: format
Best Answer

@Gshock as this is the Fitbit Community I am asking the community for help, not for your opinion on what it is reasonable for Fitbit to provide in terms of blackberry support .

Best Answer

What I did was ‎use my work iPhone and download the fitbit app. Added the new device of the blaze. Let the blase update with that app. Then I deleted the amazon app on passport and Re installed it. 

Once the blade is in the account then the app recognizes it. 
 I turned on bluetooth and it discovered the blaze. 
Then it synced. But the sync is sketchy. 
 But works.

Moderator edit: format
Best Answer

Thanks!

I did something similar and it worked. 

(1) Delete the Amazon App

(2) Delete the Fitbit App and restart your device

(3) Download the APK from an APK warehouse (like APKhotel.com)

(4) Connect your Bberry to the computer and access it like an SD card

(5) Drag and drop the APK into your downloads folder

(6) Go into File Manager/File Folder>>Downloads on your BBerry (from your bberry) and open the APK

Voila!

Best Answer

Sorry, between (2) and (3), restart your device.

Best Answer

As for help worn the Blackberry have you voted on this request yet?

Best Answer

How did you set it up so your passport would work with the blaze?

Please let me know! 

Best Answer
@katemis please see the posts from @dbrks5 and @cBoston that are found above. They both have step by step instructions on the steps they did.
Best Answer
It does not always work as good but it works

Derek Brooks
7465 Abigail Glen Dr
Charlotte, N.C 28212
704-507-9821
Dbrks5@outlook.com
Best Answer

I'm a bit late to the party on this one but here is my two cents worth.

I have a blackberry passport. I have the Fitbit app downloaded from  Amazon app store installed on my phone. I have a Charge HR, and it synchs perfectly fine with the app. My most recent update was today.

However - I am not sure how the Blaze or Surge would work with the app. That i am interested to find out as I would like to buy the blaze as my next fitbit.

Best Answer
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro",sans-serif,"sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
‎Unfortunately the blaze works with the passport. But is spotty. It says on the amazon app it only controls music with the android Os kit Kat 

Derek Brooks

Best Answer

So it's tricky. I'm writting this quickly at work, so it may come off as rushed. Ignore when ppl provide their opinions on BB's vs actual help as sometimes seen throughout the forum... Second, it's going to be a bit of work, to those reading who are not slightly technical, or don't have the time to research then switch to the Windows 10 app on your PC to sync your device. I use both.

The Fitbit App from within the Amazon App Store, will not allow you to configure the Blaze, as it will return an 'Please update App' message, sadly. It will work for all other older Fitbit devices. 

You will need install the latest app from the <Other Android sources>. 15mins of work, but can easily be done by following steps... <Found in another popular Blackberry forum, Google it>. The Blackberry has all the required hardware to run and sync the app.

Once installed, you can easily configure the Blaze and it will sync, and even all day sync with your device. I turn off All day sync as then you need to keep the app open which drains both devices battery.

Next on the Blaze, enable classic bluetooth pair, pair your device with your BB. In the Fitbit app, enable notifications, and enable the notification widget. If the app is stuck in a loop on the 'Enable Notificaitons' page with the cartoon on it, restart the app. If still stuck after relaunching, the restart your BB.

You will now be able to set the notification settings in the app, as well as enable the Notifications Widget. With this:

- I can control music via Bluetooth classic

- I can receive incoming phone call notifications when the Fitbit app is running

- Still no txt messages, but i'm ok with that

My only rant is that up until now the Amazon App Store had the up to date version, why is it no longer being updated? Are Fitbit Developers no longer submitting updates or is this an Amazon App Store issue? There are alot of Fitbit users who own Blackberry's.

*Edit*

Amazon apps store has been updated, but I installe v.2.22 from the Play store. After updating to app v.2.22 now I can't get past the 'Enable Notifications' screen, so so much for notifications. Music controlls still work adn have no issues syncing

Best Answer

See this post

Best Answer

haha- I still like blackberry's too- love my passport!.  Live close to Waterloo Ontario and three of my kids go/ have gone to school at U of Waterloo- gave them all blackberry's despite their compliants lol.

Best Answer

What app did you use for your Blackberry Passport?

Best Answer
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro",sans-serif,"sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
I couldn't get it to work (it doesn't work well with windows 7 either) and wasn't really happy with it so I took it back and got a surge. I use the amazon ap with the surge and it works ok I guess, but mostly I update using my desk top.  

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
Best Answer
G'day,
I just got my Fitbit Blaze and downloaded the software straight from the App Store using Cobalt's App Store. No side loading necessary.

When I first fired it up the Fitbit refused to work until I installed the update, then once updated, it works.
It has synced nicely, but with limited functionality.
Notifications don't work at all, neither does the music control or GPS. But the functions I wanted do work, such as the heart beat.
Mostly it remains in sync, but it does have to remain running in a tile.
I also find it loses connection and I have to restart the app, and a couple times the phone.
I have found that I have a Fitbit persistent app running in the hub notifications, so I think it's partly working.
I also find the steps and related features to be quite inaccurate. I have had it reach 2,000 steps after walking from one end of the house to the other lol. Sleep was reasonably accurate once over the past week, but that too isn't perfect.
I suppose if I lead an active life the features would be more accurate, but I currently live a sedentary life thanks to a workplace injury. My needs at this stage isn't to measure fitness, but to monitor aspect of my health and to be an early warning if I have any bad reactions to my meds which are heavy duty ones. I also have MyFitnessPal running to help measure my diet and to try keep that healthy, especially considering I have put on about 50kg since my injury.
I'm booked in for surgery soon and hopefully it helps and allows me to be pain free and able to become more active and lose the weight. I am an old fart which may hinder some activities, but with the help of my Fitbit I can become more active safely.

I would love to have a made for BlackBerry version of the Fitbit app so I could have access to all its features.

If an alternative way to run the Fitbit app is found I would love to know.

Cheers,
Steven
Best Answer

then,.... WHEN will we see a FitBit app specifically for Blackberry 10 phones ? LOTS of us out here you know....

Best Answer

I did that but it doesnt give me any notifications. like calls, email etc.

Best Answer

I've had a Passport for two years and just got my FitBit Charger 2.

I download the APK, followed the instructions and it installed like a charm.

Blackberry is still the best phone. It is unfortunate that it is no longer supported.

Best Answer
0 Votes