Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak Connection to my phone when im connecting for GPS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does someone know why i cant get more than a one bar connection when i connect my blaze to the phone for the GPS?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The bars relate to the GPS signal strength so I'd guess it's because you're not in a wide open space with a good view of the sky? Because satellite signals are so weak, there could be a number of possible reasons.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

The bars relate to the GPS signal strength so I'd guess it's because you're not in a wide open space with a good view of the sky? Because satellite signals are so weak, there could be a number of possible reasons.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Heavy clouds

tree cover

Walking near tall buildings or a heavy treeline

All can affect the signal also. 

I find if i have too much residule garbage in meory, Android, the gps doesnt stay connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @BjarkiJonasar@MikeF and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I think our friends here are right, you can obtain a better signal by being in an open place where a signal tower close, also, I am glad to see here that your questions has been answered. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only seem to get one bar even when iPhone 6 fully charged and blaze fully charged. I have reset and reinstalled software before. I used to be able to track all my runs and bike rides accurately on gps now it starts dropping out and straight lining, or losing connection all together. It randomly works now and again, but very rarely now.less and My ride and run routes remain unchanged since the time when it worked fineus. It seems to me like the low signal is causing the problem, even when phone and blaze are right next to each other signal is low. I don’t think tall buildings, weather etc has anything to do with this. Can anyone help. Thanks - frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Did you ever work out why this was? I am running a blaze with an iPhone SE and i never seem to have more than 1 bar on the watch screen next to the phone signal and often it only maps part of my runs. Sometimes it works and other times not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, even when my phone says it has full GPS signal the blaze says its one bar 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes