Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Blaze to the Fitbit Family

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Exciting times ahead with the introduction of the new Fitbit Blaze.

Looks like a very interesting product but not sure what to make of it.

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Since it's a Fitbit, @Aikhme , I have no doubt it will be stellar.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Yes it looks awesome!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I find it a bit irritating that Fitbit waits to announce this until after Christmas. My husband just got me a Surge for Christmas. Had we known this was coming, we would have waited and gotten this one which is a lot more of what I wanted. Fitbit has a track record of doing this and while your products are good and customer service is great, your announcements need to be better timed. I refuse to spend $200+ again after we just purchased such a product from you. Not cool.

Best Answer

The Surge is a stellar device in its own right @bdaniels04

I wouldn't worry at all. Just enjoy the Surge. I have a Surge and think it is fantastic. 

But of course, if something happens to it, the Blaze will be something to consider. But remember, the Blaze hasn't got built in GPS so you have to lug the smart phone with you. That doesn't quite work for me. 

But it looks like it has a few other bells and whistles.

Just be happy and remember that the Surge is to be used as a tool to help you make improvements in your life and well being, and if it does that, then you're on a huge winner. 

Best Answer

@bdaniels04 If you feel that Blaze is the better tracker for you, you can certainly return the Surge for a refund and purchase Blaze instead. If your husband made his purchase through the Fitbit online store in November or December, he has until the end of January to return it. You'd be without a tracker until March, but that is an option available to you if you choose it.

I'd recommend taking a look at the comparison page to make sure you know which device you'd prefer, since they both have unique features.

Best Answer

What is the display made of? I have scratched up my Charge HR so much, you can hardly read it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In 2014 the Surge, Charge and Charge HR were all announced (and available in the US) before Christmas. In the UK we had to wait for the HR until after Christmas but we certainly knew it was coming.

I was half looking for a new announcement two or three months ago but I guess the march availability probably dictated the timing as much as the CES announcement.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Aggie92  The screen on Fitbit Blaze is scratch resistant and is made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3, similar to the Surge. It has a high resolution 16-bit color display that is 240x180 pixels.

I'll add this info the lead post - thanks for asking!

Best Answer

How is the sizing on this? With the HR I use a large the surge was a small.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner You'll find sizing info in the All About Blaze post.

Best Answer
I got a HR for Xmas. I got 10 more days to return it. I preordered the blaze and returning my HR tomorrow. Luckily, I still have my flex to hold me over till march. I just hope the release doesn't get delayed !!!!
Best Answer

Curious as to why the Blaze doesn’t have standalone GPS? I would have upgraded my Surge for this if it had..

Will there be a Surge 2.0 coming out this year?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mrhawk Blaze was designed to contain the most critical fitness features, so that it could maintain a slimmer and more fashion-conscious design. GPS takes up quite a bit of physical space on the device, so we decided to include GPS in a different way by offering Connected GPS.

Connected GPS uses the GPS on your smartphone to deliver real-time activity stats, as you would see with Surge's onboard GPS. So the functionality is still there for those who want it.

Best Answer

And why still no water proof device yet. I would have thought by now they would catch up to some of their competitors in terms of features.

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer

No, not really. Have you seen how thin and light the Garmin VivoActice is? Not only does it contain standalone GPS, but it's also waterproof.

I like the FitBit ecosystem the best. Just wish they'd push a complete product.

Not that the Blaze is a bad product. It looks far more attractive than the Surge, and if I can ever snag it for $150-$175 I'll most likely get one.

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

Blaze was designed to contain the most critical fitness features, so that it could maintain a slimmer and more fashion-conscious design. GPS takes up quite a bit of physical space on the device

I use:

FitBit Aria

Best Answer

Keep in mind that the Blaze also has an optical heart rate reader which does ad some bulk.  Something that the Vivoactive does not.

Best Answer

Epic, didn't expected any surprises.

@bdaniels04

You'll be without the tracker for a while as @MatthewFitbit pointed out when wanting to have the Blaze. Though try eating when hungry until comfortably satisfied or check out your food habits (after eating) write down for example the time have eaten something what & how much has been eaten, felt satisfied before, gotten a bit of appetite, feeling more satisfied after (not stuffed).. when the goal would be to change food habits & wanting to get leaner..

See which foods leave you more satisfied, or leave you hungry. If just eaten a epic meal, and grabbing for a snack, that could be out of habit instead..

Don't diet, it's about changing food habits, not restricting any treats once in a while when wanting (to prevent binge eating), having everything with moderation.

Tracking your food meanwhile (even when being without a tracker) until the Blaze becomes available, makes aware what your eating, and thinking twice before you eat.

This works if being completely honest & writing down everything you eat, even if it's a bag of chips.. unlikely wanting to nourish your precious body with junk foods, and instead of some chips, choosing a piece of fruit instead when desired, and not having a whole bag of chips, or a few pieces of candy, rather having one piece instead when the craving is there, not really needing the entire package.. or a few pieces of chocolat.. taking less, eating slowly, savouring the taste, unlikely needing more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LedMatrix Remember that waterproofing comes at the cost of altimeter function - air pressure is used to determine things like elevation change, and fully sealing the device prevents this from working. Since our trackers aren't equipped to accurately track swimming anyway, there's not much benefit to full waterproofing, especially at the cost of other features. Remember that all our trackers are water resistant - Blaze won't be harmed if you wear it in the rain, or if it gets splashed.

Best Answer

Actually that's a good point. I always have my phone with me anyway, so can do GPS that way. I also like that you can change the look with the watch being able to be removed from its frame.

@adammiarka wrote:

Keep in mind that the Blaze also has an optical heart rate reader which does ad some bulk.  Something that the Vivoactive does not.

I use:

FitBit Aria

Best Answer