Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can the Blaze track without a phone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Pretty simple topic. Ideally I'd like to keep my phone off me when running, that or I have to buy one of those fitness bands to strap it to my arm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6
The simple answer is that it can track everything but the gps map, which is the only thing the Blaze uses on the phone for.
You won't get music control, notifications, or caller id
Best Answer
0 Votes

So can I accurately track a run or bike ride without it? Or do those require the GPS, and thus the phone, to work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are three ways to.track run abd bike

1st is to have the tracker on your arm and go out and run or bike, let the auto exercise detect it. This never used gps and will not give distance.

2nd way is to use the talking function on the Blaze with gps off, this will use your stride to fires at the distance. The same as the other trackers do.

Manual bike tracking without gps will not give distance

Third way would be to use the connected gps, this is the most accurate, and able to auto detect your walking, running stride, and miles cycled.

Using this mode a few times, and then once a month will keep your stride set correctly, and make the runs without gps more accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to be pedantic - or perhaps to add extra info for posterity - the Blaze can pair with an iPod Touch giving you music controls whilst exercising.

I do this frequently as there are places I can't take my phone plus, at 196g, my phone is fairly heavy in the pocket.

Also, in my experience, the Blaze pairs, syncs, updates around twice as quickly on iOs as opposed to Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes
true the Blaze Classic can pair with any device that allows a remote keyboard, it might even be possible to control music on your pc
Best Answer
0 Votes

@C-Garrett wrote:

So can I accurately track a run or bike ride without it? Or do those require the GPS, and thus the phone, to work? 

I wouldn't say accurately, but yeah, it can track those things without the phone. Heck, since the last "update" it can't track accurately via "connected GPS" with the phone either.

Best Answer
0 Votes