Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to Blaze updates?!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm just wondering if:

-Fitbit is going to update their "Fitness Smartwatch" with some fun, user-suggested features (not bug fixes)

-When this update would be

-Why they haven't been updating it regularly with new features in the first place?

I know the Ionic came out and Fitbit is focusing their recources on it, but that doesn't mean the people's $200 they spent last year is obsolete now!

BTW the last question is the MOST important.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

It looks like the Blaze is being replaced by the new Versa.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/03/08/new-mass-appeal-fitbit-watch-called-versa/

Best Answer

Your question probably will not be answered by your fellow Fitbit users. I haven't heard of any such update, or a promise of one. 

Best Answer

But I don't want to buy the Versa! I already paid for the blaze and I think it's the coolest looking one, I'm not going to buy a Versa just because it's newer and does practically the same thing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many of the new features in the Ionic and Versa simply we not work on the Blaze which does not have a true OS and maybe not enough memory. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Lauewrote:

Your question probably will not be answered by your fellow Fitbit users. What? I dont get itI Janet heard of any such update, or a promise of one. 

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Rich_Lauewrote:

Your question probably will not be answered by your fellow Fitbit users. I Janet heard of any such update, or a promise of one. 

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB I corrected auto correct typo. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Engineered Obsolescence!?  Blaze has been replaced by new model, therefore support has ended??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I doubt that . This past year we had an update to the Fitbit One, Charge, and Charge HR. The one had been on the retired list for more than a year.. The other two for more than two years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes