Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to track a spin class?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, I have been using the spinning activity mode when doing my spin classes and the heart rate seems pretty accurate however the calories burned seems quite low.  It is a high intensity 50 minute class with weights added in on tracks also.  Does anyone know a way around this?  I have checked to make sure my weight is accurate, worn it three fingers above wrist bone, etc. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

Without the heartrate while in the pocket, the calories computed will be wrong. Since your not walking and the stride isn't setup for the proper calorie conversion, the false steps are nit going to mean anything either. You might as well sit, watch TV, and shake your arm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got an Alta HR which I love. When I use it for spinning, why doesn’t the dashboard count it towards “ active minutes”? I sure was active!! It always says +0 even though Fitbit does record that I took 30 minutes to do the spin class.

Best Answer

I use a flex2....Large band...I strap it to my ankle just before spin...I usually register about 7500 steps....This is the only way to get something from spin...If you can fit your ankle with any fitbit..This would probably work...But I have 3 fitbits and only use my flex2.

Best Answer

Thank you!😁

Best Answer

Where do i find this:    'spinning activity mode'   to track spin class

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jimhillhome see the fifth quest I in the FAQ for manually adding an exercise in this post above

Best Answer
0 Votes