Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Blaze turned to Blaze classic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sorry but the link below:

https://www.fitbit.com/uk/blaze/blaze-101

Gives no idea on how to link my Blaze to Bluetooth.  Now my Blaze has decided it's 'Blaze Classic' on pair Bluetooth on my phone which before was meant to be only for music, so I take it if this was a FitBit upgrade?  That wasn't wanted or warranted, unless they're looking at getting rid off the older Blaze series? 

Trying to get my Blaze to sync now is a joke, bluetooth on/bluetooth off/Blaze off/Blaze on/Phone off/Phone off??

Why have you made this so called upgrade or is it a case you're trying to employ market pressures and get us to ignore the £00's we all ready spent on your products? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Mine won't sync either. The app keeps saying no internet connection, which my phone obviously has. I still get notifications. I think fitbit's servers are down honestly.

Best Answer

Blaze Classic Bluetooth has always been an option which allows a user to remotely control music, video, and the camera on the phone. The blaze does nnot sync through the Blaze Classic. This option can be enabled/disabled through the Blaze settings. 

The reason the link doesn't say how to pair the Blaze to the phone is because the user can not do this step. Just like you did not pair the tracker when first setting it up. 

When doing an add device through the app, there is nothing that the user can do through the phones Bluetooth, other than removing the Blaze. 

@SunsetRunner Make sure that the Fitbit app has permission to access the Internet. Have you added a VPN like Lookout. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I havent changed any settings or added anything new to cause this to not connect to the internet. No VPNs, no settings changes, nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, Thanks for that but I think that's part of the problem, I only have Bluetooth Classic on my Blaze as the only option to choose. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem @StuartBu is that you are looking in the wrong place. You have never had a Blaze that can be setup through your phones Bluetooth. Yes some phones it will show as an option, but when trying the user receives an error of "Pairing Rejected by Blaze"

You Fitbit device needs to be setup through the Fitbit app which connects the tracker to your Fitbit account. 

Once it is connected to the users fitbit account, the Fitbit app will ask permission to pair the tracker. 

Please follow the same steps you used to setup the Blaze the first time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,Thanks for this but it is not my phone that's having the issue, I only now have Bluetooth classic on my Blaze device, after many restarts etc it does seem to be working for now.  I just don't get why they keep needing to update the app etc, worked fine when I first had it now it now the app seems to getting over complicated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading this, I turned on my old retired Blaze. It synced as usual through the Fitbit App. I don't see anything Fitbit has changed. Like Rich is trying to tell you. Sync through the Fitbit app and not bluetooth settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya'll don't understand what I'm saying. The APP itself, says I have no internet connection, which means it won't let me sync. I'm sending this message, right now, connected to the internet on my phone, but the app itself says I have no internet connection. No changes in settings or on my phone period. Just one day said, in the app, I don't feel like connecting. I've tried deleting the memory cache, uninstall/reinstall, doing the hokey pokey, nothing works...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @StuartBu I was responding to your question about not having Bluetooth. 

I didn't realize you meant the unrelated question of Internet. 

If it is an android device. 

What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to have a similar issue, which arose today. Last week I moved from iPhone to Android; Samsung Galaxy S9 (what a mistake that seems to have been 🙄).

However I went for a run on Friday and everything worked fine. Today I went to go for a run and when navigating to Exercise --> Run on my Blaze, it wont connect to the phone and says 'Check Fitbit app'. Yet when I go into the Fitbit app it syncs without issue. 

I've tried unpairing and re-pairing the blaze, turning both the phone and Blaze off and on again, but still can't get it to work. Any suggestions appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@McDoogan83 on iOS Blaze Classic is not used and gets disabled during the setup process. 

On Android, Blaze Classic is only used for remote music control. 

As for android, go into the phone settings, apps, Fitbit, Power, disable management and give permission to run in background. 

See the android help for specific android settings... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
That might be a link as I have an S8.
I think speed is the issue here because when you go onto the fitbit app on your phone does it show 'refreshing' at the top of the screen and if you pull down on the screen it says 'looking for device'?
I reset the Blaze and set Bluetooth Classic to pair on the Blaze (only option) and then turned my Bluetooth off and then on on the phone until finally it found 'Blaze Classic' that allowed me to sync.  Took a few times though turning Bluetooth off and on before it actually worked because either the Blaze would go out of 'pair' mode or the phone wouldn't detect the Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@StuartBu Yes exactly that - when I had the iPhone if I went into the Fitbit app, it would immediately sync with the Blaze device. Now it often needs a pull down to refresh and just as often says 'looking for device' (although it does usually find it pretty quickly). Weirdly I was having issues with WhatsApp too, so I uninstalled and reinstalled WhatsApp and that seems to have addresed the issue, now the Fitbit is behaving better .Some weird isolation stuff going on!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When the Fitbit app is opened. It tries to sync in the background. If the sync fails, the user does not get a notice. 

Pulling down the dashboard initiates a sync, if the sync is successful then no notice is given. If the sync fails, the user is notified with an error message. 

A sync can also be initiated from the trackers setting page. 

Please see the following help files. 

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
One step the help docs say to do is remove the tracker from the Fitbit account. Please do not do this. If the tracker can not be found to sync it will not be found to be setup. 
As mentioned above, I find that clearing the Fitbit App's cache works, almost everytime to get my tracker to sync to the SG-S8
Open phone settings / Apos (may be Applications) / Fitbit / Storage / clear cache. 
Once or twice I ended up clearing Data, which logs the user out, before the tracker would sync. 
One step I don't see in the Help docs is to try shutting the Blaze Off/On this is the only way to do a hard(ware) reset. The standard restart/reset is simply a soft(ware) restart since power to the hardware is never turned off. 

@StuartBu I'll repeat again, Blaze Classic is not for syncing only used for music control on Android and Microsoft Phones. 
While the user can remove the Blaze (low energy) Bluetooth, this is one of the steps for a non syncing tracker, the user will not be able to pair the Blaze through the phones Bluetooth. The Blaze will reject the pairing. As you noticed, some phones don't even give the user the option to pair the Blaze, this is OK and says nothing about the on status of the Blaze Bluetooth. 

Make sure that the Blaze Bluetooth is not a trusted device then open the Fitbit app and see if it syncs. 
Best Answer
0 Votes