Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Blaze be upgraded?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! Will the Fitbit Blaze be up gradable to Fitbit OS 2.0? The kind the Fitbit Versa will have.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I very much doubt it. Today's press release mentions that OS 2.0 will be available on the Ionic in the spring but does not mention the Blaze.

Best Answer

Lame! I wish there was better support for the blaze... I mean, there was just 1 or 2 major updates and that's it. No more watch faces, no more software updates... at least one more update would be good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit should open up the Blaze's API so the community could create at the minimum new clock faces.  Unless the Blaze OS is one huge homogeneous program that cannot accept add-ons.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The versa is the Blaze replacement, so I doubt it. They both currently retail for the same price, so I expect the Blaze to go down to $150 soon. Once the Blaze stock is gone it's a wrap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Blaze isn't even running fitbit OS 1.0 so it's very unlikely. I would even go as far as saying that the Blaze's hardware probably isn't capable of running fitbit OS.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Asking to install Fitbit OS 2 (but even the 1) on the Blaze is like thinking to install Microsoft Windows on your DVD player, 2 different worlds.

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Regarding your inquiry about the Fitbit Blaze being upgraded, I don't have this type of information but keep in mind that if you would like to see a cool feature added to the Blaze and that might be taken into consideration, you can always share your ideas in our feature suggestions board.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Yeah, kinda bummed I got the Blaze. I do like it a lot but it feels like it was kind of forgotten shortly after release.

Best Answer

That is not even a little bit correct!

Fitbit dont care about the customers at all, or else they would have corrected the "screen turn on" fault that are currently in the Blaze watches!!!

They don´t really care when the product hit the marked, it´s done!

Best Answer

I've bought several fitbit products and I'd have to agree with you wholeheartedly  They genuinely do not care!!! 

Best Answer

I like the Blaze except 1 flaw

that it has no Fitbit OS

so no apps for me using Fitbit studio

Best Answer
0 Votes