Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blaze and high heels

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

blaze counting floors while wearing high-heels/wedges. anyone know why and if this is accurate?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@marissam806 wrote:

blaze counting floors while wearing high-heels/wedges. anyone know why and if this is accurate?

The shoe should not matter as the floors are counted based on an internal altimeter which senses barometric pressure changes.  This is also why you might get some funky/weird floor totals when a storm is approaching if you are walking around outside.  So you should not have a problem.

Best Answer

Hello @marissam806, welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂  as @racertempo mentioned your tracker detects floors using an altimeter, which is a sensor that calculates altitude change based on atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure decreases with increasing elevation, so the tracker calculates elevation gain based on the reduction in atmospheric pressure. Your tracker registers a floor when it detects continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. Occasionally your tracker may detect pressure changes unrelated to elevation gains, such as a gust of wind, weather change, or opening a door and give you credit for floors. 

Wearing high heels shoudn't give you credit for floors, so I would like to ask what activity where you doing when you noticed the extra floors? 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
i work in a office. just a bunch of walking back and forth. also, the other
day i was riding a fourwheeler and it tracked my exercise as biking?
Best Answer
0 Votes

The movement across the ground without much arm movements I guess could be interpreted as cycling. Your hands do have the same motion as of your on a bike. You could delete it if you want.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @marissam806 and @Rich_Laue hope you are having a very active day! Woman Wink As @Rich_Laue mentioned the motion of the fourwheeler can be interpreted as biking.  You can delete the activity record, on your app just tap and hold the activity and it will ask you if you want to delete it. On your Online Dashboard go to your activity log, select the activity you want to delete and click on the pink garbage can next to view details as shown on the next image: 

deleteactivity.png

Catch you later! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes